Thursday, January 15, 2009

Flight 1549...goodbye and hello...

My word, my heart skipped a beat when I heard the news report come over the radio that a plane was down in NYC...at first I reacted the same way I first did to the news report on 9/11...like, wow, that sucks, it ran into a building...and then I saw it...

I am SO grateful for good pilots...155 lives, including his own, were on the line today. That man better be getting some sort of a medal.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Goodbye President Bush. I haven't liked all the things you did, but I do think some good things came from your administration. Some of the big things that people blame on you you shouldn't be getting the blame for, but unfortunately as the face of this country you got it head on. You are a decent guy, you took on a job no one in their right mind should ever really want to have, because if they do they are the wrong one for the job.

Anyways. Enjoy retirement.

Hello President-elect Obama. I did not vote for you. But this is a democracy, and you won hands down. I am grateful that at the very least it wasn't an election drawn out for weeks and weeks before we knew the results. Please be honest. Please protect the freedoms that we enjoy in this country. Please protect the constitution. And PLEASE get that stupid national debt down a bit...and by a bit I mean a lot. It's scaring me.

Bon voyage!

No comments: