Saturday, July 5, 2008

Woot...and recap of the 4th...and some other stuff...

K, so my Mom once asked what the definition of "woot" was, and I told her that it means something along the lines of "hurray!, whoo-hoo!", etc. Being the nerd that I am, I finally looked up the definition of "woot". According to Urban Dictionary, the word 'woot' comes both from the game Dungeons and Dragons, and was a shorthand for "Wow, loot!" AND from the game Everquest as an acronym for "We owned the other team".

It is also used in online forums as an acronym for "waste of our time" and "way out of topic"...but that's not used very common.

It can also be used to show agreement...

Anyways, basically, my definition was right on track. :)

/////////////////////////////////////////

No pictures of fireworks, I gave up on getting a good shot of those long ago...I would need a stand to put my camera on to get a good shot to keep the camera still...

But I did get a REALLY cute video of Nathan:




(sorry about the fact that the video is so dark, we were indoors and it was still pretty light outside so we didn't turn on the indoor lights...and sorry about the background voices, they are kinda loud...you can hear little David chiming in on the "mad, happy" at the end...)

And a picture of the newest cousin-once-removed:


I am thinking it VERY likely that I will have more pictures of him tomorrow...he is getting blessed tomorrow at Church...but just look at that HAIR!!! It is SOOO cute, it just sticks straight up, like this little mohawk. I was very pleased with this picture, it turned out really well I think...


...this is where you will usually find Nathan...somewhere near Daddy. He is definitely a Daddy's boy...at least from what I have observed.


This is a rare sight, where you will see Nathan somewhere else. He was actually having a lot of fun on Tommy's back.

Um...Alice...I think you need to have a talk with Monique...maybe...

...actually, it's a candy stick that is made to look like a cigarette. My sister and I weren't allowed to have any when we were little...

(but we snuck some anyways when we were at Aunt Nancy's house...it's good candy!)

Yeah, so my Fourth was good. Hung out at the house until about 3:00pm and then headed down to Casa Grande, ate hamburgers, marinated cucumbers (:/ still not a fan of those, cucumbers all by themselves are just SOOOO good!!!), chips, watermelon, strawberries...the normal 4th of July foods...then we went swimming (still no sunburn, woot) and have discovered that I have absolutely no arm strength as I tried to hold up, throw, tackle, tickle and trick all the children who were also in the pool with me. I need to work on that I think...

Went to the fireworks (drove close by, backed in, pulled out the chairs and opened the back of the cars and watched from a ways away). Drove back to town at 9:40...in time to see all the fireworks displays AND the lightning going off all over the valley...it was really kinda cool! No drunk drivers on the way home (yay!).

///////////////////////////////////////////////

I went outside this morning at like 9:30am to weed.

BAD IDEA...

It was SOOO hot, I was sweating like nothing else...

...still no sunburn...

but, yeah, I had to stop after 45 minutes...and then again later after 15. I was beat. That sun/heat is just killer. I really have a lot more respect for peoples who have to work out in the sun. Construction crews should work at night in my opinion...at least they should here...

The new roomie moved in. She's sweet, only here through the middle of August for an internship, friend of Amber's. I introduced her to frozen custard tonight...she LOVED it. Don't worry Amber, the Pazookie is coming...I have already told her about it...we would've done that instead, but we didn't get out until after Oregano's closed.

(side note, she thought I was 22...:D...I usually get MUCH older...perhaps the tables are turning...)

Tried to get a new fan put up, but that plan failed...have to put in a new box because the one that is up there is stripped, and after talking with my cousin it sounds like we are going to have to put one up in a new place because it is on a track which isn't meant to hold a fan....blah....

2 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

Sounds like fun! And I'm jealous that you got to see Nick and Bethany's baby...I'll have to go see sometime...

Jane said...

Who knew about woot? You did!
Yay for the holiday and boo for the heat. Drink lots of water.