Tuesday, July 22, 2008

200 Evidently...and the trade off

Evidently this is post number 200, but I think that is inaccurate...there are drafts of posts that I never published listed on my blogposts and they seem to be counted in the final number, but anyways, here is to number 200!!!

///////////////////////////////////

I traded in the 120 degree weather for 120% humidity! I am here. I have worked two days, I get my first paycheck Friday, I hopefully move into my more permanent residence in the next week. I got here well after Church was over with Sunday, but I have attended FHE and the last summer institute class already. One of the YSA here is a Masters in Music Theory student as well, so it will be WONDERFUL to have someone to actually talk with this time around about theory...the whole time I was here before I was the only theory student, so I am just counting myself lucky to have someone who is also a member of the Church around...no more study parties where I am the only one who is sober...:) although those were good times, I have to admit. I could tell such fun stories...

I am staying with my boss and his family until I can move into this house that is still in preparation. The first morning I woke up to my alarm going off at 6:00 and I was upset with myself that I hadn't fixed my alarm clock...as I attempted to go back to sleep all of a sudden I heard the all too familiar sounds of cartoons drifting through the air from the room beside me and two very sweet little girls giggling and laughing...I didn't really mind, it would have been a long shot for me to get back to sleep anyways. Plus it was just too cute...this family is just wonderful, and have been more than welcoming and accommodating for me...they have quite a few free baby-sitting jobs coming their way...

I will post pictures once I can post from my own laptop. I am using their family computer to make this post, so this will be the end of this one. I am still on Pacific time, and I NEED to get myself onto Central time...it's tough, at midnight here it feels like it's 10:00, at 6:30 it feels like being awake shouldn't be an option...

Night!

5 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

I rememember my first College of Music partay at North Texas - I walked into the part with some other freshman, non-members, and we akwardly walked through the house towards the backyard, where the keg and most of the people were - I felt so weird, but just as I got to the door, I was greeted with a "HEYYY!!!! MORMON!!!" from a couch next to me - a whole couch of people I'd met at church the weekend before! I didn't have to g out back alone with non-member s and I got to sit on the couch with them and feel included all night. THat's why I looooved having other LDSers at school too:)

Marla said...

I'm glad you made it out there alright!!! And I'm glad there's another LDS person in your program! That will be such a breath of fresh air!!!!

Jane said...

So it's not only architects who actually think they are studing while being drunk? Who knew?
Glad to hear you got there and WHAT a nice boss!!

Kayla said...

So glad to hear you are doing good! We'll miss seeing you at family dinners though :(. At least I have this blog to keep up with you by:)

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

hey here is our address
231 e 2nd ave#22
mesa AZ 85210