Monday, July 7, 2008

My Handsome Family...


A comment on my last blog entry has led me to create this blog entry. Quite a while ago, I think it was my Freshman year of college at ASU, a friend of mine noted how good looking one of my male cousins was. I explained to this person that ALL of my male cousins were very good looking. After thinking for a minute, and thinking I was a genius for thinking this up, I said something to the effect of "in fact, I think I am related to all the good and good-looking males in this Church that are taller than me."

I have said that many times since. And I still stand by it. I mean, look at them! The picture above is from Scott and Penny's wedding reception. Every male in that picture is one of my cousins...and they are all VERY good looking guys! And tall...and smart...and good...and funny...and fun...

Sorry girls, they are all taken but one...he just got home from his mission...

Ha, and it's amazing, I talk with a guy for a bit and find out he's related somehow. One of the angels is a distant cousin (we just discovered this a week ago) on my Dad's side (not THE angel...hmmm...I should email him by the way...although I will probably figure out at some point that he's also a cousin...). A guy some people were talking to me about out in Alabama when I had left for the summer...yeah, I come back and we figure out he's my Dad's FIRST COUSIN...my grandpa is his uncle. I have SO much Mormon pioneer blood running through me on all sides of my family, I tell ya.

I LOVE my heritage, am very proud and happy to be a descendant of such wonderful men and women...I love studying them out, reading my ancestors journals, reading stories about them, looking at pictures, etc. And I think it is wonderful that they have SO many descendants...it just makes it slightly tricky for me when it comes to men...

I know, I know, there is hope...somewhere out there a non-cousin Prince Charming exists...here is proof:

(that would be my sister and future bro-in-law)

I just think it's funny that I have to run through my genealogy...just to make sure...

:)

2 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

Ya, all of our cute cousins! I like that picture of me and Ison. Handsome man! :)

Marla said...

What a cool entry!! And yes....we all have good looking cousins! LOL!!! Good thing looks run in the family, eh?!