Saturday, July 12, 2008

Validation...and Moving Woes...

K, no one let me get my hair cut (unless it looks REALLY REALLY bad) before my sisters wedding. Elizabeth is growing her hair back out.

And I have been wanting to ever since I got it cut in...what was it, January? I just, I LIKE it long. It looked so good I thought. I needed to hear people say that it looks good long, because all I have heard recently was how good it looks short and to keep it that way...and I don't really think it does anymore...at least not right now. My point of view is, if I was a skinny toothpick, the hair being short wouldn't be a problem, it would look really great. But with me NOT being a skinny mini, it looks SO much better long.

My short hair DOES have it's days though when it is smokin'...but it is SO much easier to make smokin' hair when mine is long...

AND from what I know, most guys like long hair... :)

Why is that, by the way? Why do more guys tend to like long hair on girls? Just wondering...or is my observation incorrect?

///////////////////////////////////////

WHY is it that just before I move, the garbage disposal has to break. Huh? Thankfully I have an AWESOME cousin coming over Monday to replace the stupid thing. It's old, so it needs replacing anyways, but still!!!

I have a bunch of boxes that are too big. As mentioned before, I bought a moving kit from Sam's Club, put all the boxes together...and I really don't think I need the big boxes anymore. Luckily for me, I have a roommate that will need them (I think) so they will get used, but it kinda miff's me that I bought the thing thinking it would be great, when what I REALLY need is like 2 or 3 more of the smaller boxes...blah...

Yes, I am actually packing today, this is just me taking a break...from packing...I am starting in on my DVD's and whatever I have out in the living room...I THINK I got all of my pictures down now...this house is looking more and more bare...

Things I am sad about leaving behind and possibly never seeing again:

my desk...which makes me sad, but...it won't fit in my car, and it's BIG...isn't it lovely?

My roommate is very interested in it, but would any of you like to have it that are locals or even not so locals but would be willing to come and get it? Here is the link to it on IKEA:


It's the birch white one. Anyways, I paid $170 for this sucker. Gimme an offer and I MAY accept it.

And then there is the chair:

...that I REALLY don't want to get rid of...I like it a lot...but it won't fit in Elizabeth's car...and chances of rain on the way to Alabama is like basically 100%, so tying it to the top of my car isn't a choice. So any babysitters out there? :) Just for a year, I will definitely being using a U-Haul on my next move, wherever I go to after I finish the masters degree. I am not totally 'moving in' to Alabama, since I will only be there for a year, so I don't want to take EVERYTHING with me.

Oh, it's black wood by the way, and I have a red cushion, and kids love it...probably love it too much...which is one reason why I love it so much, because I am basically a kid at heart...which also explains why I usually migrate towards the kiddos at family things... :)

3 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Oh snap, I was with you when we drove all over town and tried to track down that chair all over town... so sad!! I want it;)

Elizabeth said...

yeah, I know...I am NOT happy about that at all...you can come and get it if you want! If you bother with that trip let me know, I have some stuff that I would like to have with me in Alabama that I can't fit in my car...:)

Aimee said...

We just saw one of those chairs today and Savannah decided that she had to have it. Can you just drive it to California before you head out to Alabama? Thanks.