Saturday, May 31, 2008

Attn: Avid Shoppers and Tax Return

Would ya'll mind keeping an eye out for Night at the Museum, wide screen version, for under $15. The full screen goes anywhere between $7.50 and $12.00 at Walmart, but either the wide screen is never in stock or they have it at the insane price of $23.95...which I of course am NOT going to pay. I just REALLY like that movie and would like to add it to my collection.

Thanks!

///////////////////////////////////////////

So, I am trying to decide what to do with my tax return and economic stimulus monies (so far this is the biggest return I have ever gotten and I am kinda excited about it...believe me, it really isn't that much, but I am still excited about it). Most will go into savings, some into my other bank account where I have automatic payments coming out for my car loan so that I have an extra 2 payments in there (2 week payments, not monthly payments...), some to pay off recent credit card charge for dental work...but I want to use a small chunk for something fun. K, yes, brand new car= fun, but something else...like an ipod classic (the 80 gig, don't need 160 gigs...I mean, come on)...or a new bike.

New bike, can you believe it, would be cheaper (don't need something expensive, saw a decent lookin' one at Walmart for $76 today actually). I don't have a bike, but I also don't have a working mp3 player. Mp3 player would help pass the time at work, but being that I have gotten used to not listening to music at work and still get a lot of work done...eh, it would truly be for the purpose of entertainment...and for passing the time when traveling...but now that I have a CD player, I still have music playing...BUT I wouldn't be able to ride the bike much over summer (110 degree Fahrenheit + bike ride = dead Elizabeth) except in the early morning (when Elizabeth is sleeping) or in the evenings (when Elizabeth should be partying, dating, dancing...which never happens (I swear, I haven't heard of one dance except the country dances in two months, I think they killed them), so I guess that would work out and would give me something to look forward to everyday after work...hmm...

But I REALLY want an ipod...maybe I should ask for that for Christmas and get the bike...then I can put more money towards the credit card...hmm...

There are of course other things I could buy, but those are the preeminent ones on my mind at the moment. What do you think, ipod vs. bike...thoughts???

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Ipod which you can listen to on the stationary bike at the gym!

Anonymous said...

There are cheapo DVD's on ebay.

Elizabeth said...

yeah, but I am slightly leery of buying a DVD on Ebay, don't want to get something that is pirated, and with Ebay you never know...