Saturday, May 24, 2008

Citizenship Test...and random thoughts...

Can you pass this test? Now, BE HONEST!!! The answers will be at the end of the test:

Citizenship Test:

(DON'T cheat, answer what you can, then skip down to the bottom of this post)

1. Who is in charge of the executive branch?

2. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

3. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.

4. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?

5. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?

6. Name the U.S. war between the north and the south.

7. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?

8. Name one U.S. territory.

9. What did Susan B. Anthony do?

10. Who was president during WWI?

///////////////////////////////////////////

Another rainy day. We have had a storm system over our skies for the third straight day. I feel like I am back in Alabama!! :) Okay, not quite, but still, this is an odd thing to happen here. I heard one forecaster say that we haven't had anything like this for 100 years. NO, it's not global warming.

My roommate and I are going to deep clean the house today. I am looking forward to being finished. It will be a great feeling I think. And it will be a good thing to do when you can't go out and do stuff like BBQ/Grill Out.

Gas is just way too expensive. I mean, I don't go out nearly at all, even to the grocery store. It is hard to save money when AMPM/Shell/Chevron/Exxon/etc. keep stealing it from me. Did any of you see that news article about the congressional hearing taking place with the 5 exec's from the leading oil companies in the US. They are taking place because their profits have something like quadrupled in the last five years. And can you believe that the oil company exec's are saying that that is just the way it goes...they are defending the profits!!! Gah, it just boils me to no end. What I like is that the members of congress and the senate are absolutely grilling them. They are recognizing that if they are going to win the next election, they need to do something about these gas prices...

I think I am going to wash my car, even though it is raining. Seems pointless, I know, but I need to clean off some dirt that won't come off with rain water and it is bothering me.

I should go to Sam's Club, but...it's Saturday, it's Memorial weekend, and do you know how crowded it is going to be?? Gah!

I LOVE sleeping in.

I think THIS is just SOOOO cool!

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Answers:

1. The President of the United States of America

2. Thomas Jefferson

3. Mississippi or Missouri

4. Nine

5. Nancy Pelosi

6. The Civil War

7. Because there were 13 original colonies

8. Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, North Mariana Islands, Guam

9. Fought for women's rights, civil rights

10. Woodrow Wilson (who, funny enough, I get his name mixed up with Wilford Woodruff)

I was totally certain of 7 of them, and guessed right one of them. I didn't know two (Number 5 and number 10).

So how many did you get correct?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

BTW, to become a US citizen, you have to answer 6 of 10 correct...

Jane said...

That video is so fun and funny. Who knew you had to audition to sing on street corners? Not a bad idea though.