Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow...and some other time

Today is a pj's, popcorn, Slipper and the Rose day. :) I love rainy days! And tomorrow is going to be another rainy day. Woot woot!

////////////////////////////////////////

So, it's been a while. For those of you family members who couldn't be here, here are some pictures:


I think it was just yesterday we were all kids, and Bradley was the baby of us all. And now, he's home from his mission! Where did the time go???


Just some of the family who turned out at the airport. On the right you can see Bethany who was due the next day to give birth. We had a great family party, I spent the night and went swimming and hot tubbing with some of the cousins...plus a girl...yes, Bradley will not be one of THOSE missionaries who is weird for forever, he is quite comfy around girls.


The five brothers together again! :)


So, no the baby wasn't born Saturday. HE was born Monday, May 19th! Yes, he is a he! (Nick and Bethany decided to be surprised). 8 lbs, 7.8 ozs, 20 inches long...I think. I know the weight, not sure about the height...born at the same hospital both Nick and I were born at. (I was 8lbs 8ozs when I was born) This is the proud daddy sporting one of the baby hats and the new baby.


Nicholas Tiberius VanVleet
(PLEASE correct me if I spelled it wrong, that's what edit buttons are for!)

A video, starring Ty, with supporting actresses Aunt Alice and the nurse, with voice over by yours truly.




////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

K, so I am SO happy that David Cook won. I haven't been this into American Idol since Season One, and I started voting for David Cook the first night I watched this season. I just LOVED what he did. So, yeah. Congratulations David Cook!

Now, did any of you see the commercials during American Idol? Some of them were just wonderful. Now, understand, I don't watch TV. I watch The Office online. This was an exception for me to actually sit down and watch American Idol this year. And not watching TV equals not seeing commercials...which may or may not have been out for quite a while...

Back to the commercials. The ones that did their job (made me want to purchase the product because they were just that good) were:

The Coldplay Commercial-because it was just cool and I like Coldplay

The Guitar Hero commercials-yes, there were two. One with David Cook as the star, the other as David Archuleta as the star. They did the exact same thing...except Archuleta was much more modest. They reenacted the part in Risky Business where Tom Cruise is just in a shirt (Archuleta wore boxers, Cook not so much...) and goes sliding across the floor and is singing and stuff. Except they are holding the Guitar Hero guitar and playing and singing...yeah, I loved those commercials.

And last but not least...

The Coca-Cola commercial:


1 comment:

Janel said...

I'm so glad you posted a Nick and Bethany's baby, he is ADORABLE!! All these cute babies in the family now, how FUN!!

And YAY David Cook!! I love the Guitar Hero commercials too. I'm glad we brought it to play at my parents this weekend :D