Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good and Bad...that about covers it

The company I work for recently put in a new policy where we can't access our personal email accounts. I was ready for that. Not happy, but ready.

Then I tried to get to my blog...and guess what?! Yep, they blocked that too. In fact, the Google search page was blocked for a while too, but I actually need that to do my job, and so do a number of other people who happen to work for the company as well.

Anyways, not happy.

The bad that is coming from this: I don't get to check my email during the day, which was rather convenient, ya know! And I don't read all of your blogs everyday now. Not that I always checked all of your blogs everyday, cause I didn't, cause I would actually blogstalk too...K, really, I am not that obsessed with blogs, trust me. I just like to check up on all of you. I really think these things are wonderful.

The good that is coming from this: I don't spend my whole break checking out every moment of all ya'lls lives. :) I actually take a break.

Also, I am reading news articles, bio's and other such stuff and its been fabulously interesting. I find cool stories, sad stories, etc, but it's fascinating! And sometimes really fun. For example, here are a few of the stories/websites/searches I found/did today:

Fun story in the NYtimes (wedding section, usually I am in the music section, but I felt inspired to click on wedding for some reason and I am glad I did!)


The food crisis -this link will take you to the news search I did...they are flinging blame everywhere...stop flinging it, start fixing it!!!

The Santa Fe Opera -seriously one of the coolest venues you could ever perform in or go to, it is a covered outdoor stage, gets seriously cold if you go too early, late in the year, but the performance will be worth it, it is world class stuff. GO!

Oh, and I found an article somewhere, and don't feel like finding it now, where in California they are planting half a million acres of rice because of said food shortage. Pray for good weather/no big earthquakes in Cali until we get this crop in.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That's all. I am tired. Still don't feel good. If you want to get in touch with me, you will have to come and knock down my window or just wait for me to wake up. This girl is sleeping in, the phone is being put on silence, ear plugs are being put in!!! Woot!!

4 comments:

EmilyLemily said...

I put a new blog up with his picture on it! ;) Hope you are satisfied with it...it was at the dance last night.

Marla said...

I haven't been on your blog for awhile....but I have to say I miss your daily anecdotes....I need to get on here more often!!!

Aimee said...

Did you ever post about your date?

Elizabeth said...

I did, but I didn't go into detail about what we did, just his pros and cons...I suppose I better quit being lazy...