Monday, May 12, 2008

Suprise!!! Happy Mother's Day...Daddy...and Emily's Boy...


So I decided that since I am in Arizona that there really wasn't much of an excuse for me to not go and see my Mom for Mother's Day. So I told my sister and Dad I was coming, (first time I have EVER kept a secret from my Mom which my Dad knew about besides gifts) got in at 1:00am New Mexico (mountain time) Saturday morning...and Dad was up. I chatted with him for a bit and then went to bed (Mom still didn't know I was there). Mom woke up, went into the bathroom and noticed my makeup bag was there and actually thought 'I better call Elizabeth and tell her she left this here'...that is something that gets overnighted to me, I MUST have my make-up bag.

I am still asleep. I wake up and find her napping, so I go back to sleep for probably another hour. Then I wake up smelling toast, which means she is officially awake for the day. I sneak out and find her on the computer. I jump up and say "Surprise!!!"

At first she thought I was Emily, but recognition kicked right in and her expression was worth the 1 1/2 tanks of gas it took me to get there.

Emily and I gave her a painting of a brunette mother with two blond-headed young children who looked like they were about 3 and 1 years old, and the mother is teaching the older daughter to pray. My Mom taught me so many things on the master bed, including the Plan of Salvation (very vivid memory using the felt board and the pictures). We would play, giggle, jump (sorry for breaking the springs, Mommy), etc. Silly, but my sister and I would put our ears to Mom's tummy and she would make it gurgle and we would giggle and giggle. Wonderful, lovely memories.


Thank you Mom for being the angelic Mother you have been to Emily and I for so many years.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


I just had to post this picture of Daddy n Me. Isn't he cute???

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


And yes, I met Emily's boy. As you can see, he is quite tall. He really is as good-looking as this and Emily's pictures make him out to be. Yes, he reminds me some of Barron...and he seems to have his head screwed on right. He can sing in tune, he knows most of the Disney songs and the musicals evidently...so I will let Emily continue to see him. :)

7 comments:

Caroline said...

What a sweet sweet surprise!

How old is your sister? She looks so young?

Rocketgirl said...

Aww! Your parents look positutely adorable and I can see where you got your sweet ways. They looks like goooood peoples. What a good daughter you is!

Janel said...

That is such a fun surprise!! I bet she was thrilled. See you Thursday night!!!

EmilyLemily said...

Caroline, I'm 23...24 next month. I look really young...actually, I work at a high school and I look like I attend it! ;)

I really like the pictures! Especially the one of me and Ison...*giggle*

Ison said...

well, I guess as long as I can sing on tune most of the time, and am familiar with disney songs, then I am set! I like the picture.

Jane said...

Your dad wouldn't happen to be an English teacher would he? Because he looks an awful lot like Mr. Clancy of my junior high years...

Spicymeatballs said...

Aww. so cute!! I abslutely love the pics especially the one of you and your daddy. Great pics!