Monday, May 26, 2008

The Fruits of my Labors

So it rained for three days here in Arizona. I know, craziness! So I didn't even worry about my garden, didn't even give it a second thought. I walk out Saturday afternoon when it started clearing up and I had FOUR zucchini's ready to be picked AND some yellow pear tomatoes!!! EMILY, as if I wasn't a good enough reason for you to come visit, COME for the tomatoes!!!

So, I just wanted to show them off:



The only reason why I have two is because I gave two away to BF Julie. Seriously, these babies were TINY four days ago!


Yeah, they taste as good as they look! I ate every single one of them. They were a lot smaller than I remember them being before though...


K, so I had THE most amazing dinner tonight. I was bumming around, and I realized that I had spaghetti sauce which I just bought from the store, meatballs in the freezer, spaghetti in the pantry, zucchini from the garden, eggs (borrowed from roomie...we have an understanding about food, so she will be cool with it), bread crumbs that Amber left me, olive oil above the stove, all kinds of spices...I had spaghetti with meatballs and fried zucchini!!!

IT WAS SO GOOD!!!!

...and I have LEFTOVERS!!! WOOT WOOT...:)

3 comments:

Jane said...

Such good color on the vegetables! Nothing like a good rain to boost the garden. Looks yummy!

Rocketgirl said...

Yellow tomatoes?? I've never seen them, and my mouth is allll watering-ly! Congratulations!!!

Debbie said...

Not a fan of tomatoes (never seen yellow ones before though), but yay! for you and your garden. That's awesome! I can't wait to try to grow my own garden some day, and fried zucchini sounds yummy!