Friday, November 30, 2007

RAIN!!! and the Office

My goodness, this is probably the longest rainstorm in Arizona history. Seriously, there is going to be some major flooding in some parts here.

You see, Arizona dirt isn't dirt...it's sand. Sand does not absorb water very well at all. That is why we have these natural things called washes or arroyo's depending on where you are. They are very short lived streams and rivers of water that can get to be very deep, very wide and very dangerous. And cause things we call flash floods. Really smart people here in Arizona think "I have four-wheel drive, I can make it over that". Man the fire department gets more action from idiots who get stuck in the water than at most other times. I love it, these big, lifted, decked out trucks get knocked over by the water. Water is a very powerful thing, yo!

It rained this morning before I got up and then has gone steady since about noon I think and it is still going strong. It kinda really stinks, cause they have been working on paving the major road by my house for a really long time now. It's going to take a little longer I think...

Below is a link to see the total amount of rainfall we have gotten in the last 24 hours. Consider this: our average YEARLY rainfall is 8.5 inches of rain.

Current rainfall count in last 24 hours


This is a lot of rain for this area. :)

And of course guess who wore a white shirt to work and did not bring her umbrella...yeah, not the brightest one in the bushel, huh? I figure, it's not going to rain. It never rains here. Ha!

Went to an "Office" party tonight. All we did is eat heart stopping food and watch episodes of the Office. It was fantabulous! I am gaining more and more appreciation for this show. And I have decided that Stanley is my favorite character on the show. :) It was fun, except most of the guys there were with a girl. PDA was kinda rampant. But that's okay, I focused on the good stuff: The Office. :)

No comments: