Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trials and Photoshoots

I love the fact that Heavenly Father knows me and He knows exactly what I need.

I had a major trial today. I could have gotten incredibly angry, frustrated, irrational as a result of it.

You know what I did instead?
  • Took a breath and called my best friend. She listened, we talked.
  • Texted my sister, and she poured out her love and her advice to me.
  • Had a great day at work, very productive. Way over productive actually.
  • Discovered I am getting paid tomorrow (NOT next week, yay!)
  • Went to institute, and the lesson was tailor-made for me in my situation. Go figure!
  • I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO THIS WEEKEND!!! YAY! With friends who will stay with me and who I can trust.
Am I ever grateful for the people that Heavenly Father puts in my life, because that is how He blesses me. :)

Okay, so I got pictures done by an AMAZING photographer names Mike Schiffler, and seriously, he does wonders with a camera. Anyways, here are three of my favorites.




I think this first one is my favorite one of all. I just, yeah. I think it shows ME the best at least. Any of you look in the mirror, see one person, and then look at photographs of yourself and think you don't look like the person in the picture? I know, I am weird, but I really see someone different in the mirror than what I see in pictures. Well, this first one I think actually looks like the person in the mirror.


I like this one a LOT.



This one...I don't know, I just think I am glowing in this picture. Perhaps it is because I am white. :) (And no, the whiteness of my skin in this picture isn't any trick of the camera. That is the actual color of my skin. I have tried a tanning salon, and all I got out of that was burn after burn. I gave up on tanned skin at that point. So I will always glow in pictures. :) )

That's all. I have TONS more, but I really like these. Should I use one of these for my profile picture?? :) If you want to see the rest of them, come on over!

7 comments:

Janel said...

Gorgeous!!!! Your hair looks wonderful!!!! :D These pictures are how you look to me!! Sooooooo...did you get my message?? I bet you'd love some blessings by doing service, right?? :D and no, I don't need you to babysit, breathe easy! LOL Seriously, call me. I neeeeeed you!!!

EmilyLemily said...

You look beautiful in those pics! And I am so glad that yesterday was a good day when it very easily could have been bad. Glad to be a good sister, even though it was through texting! ;)

Ashley said...

I think the third is my favorite, but they're all beautiful! I totally know what you mean about who you see in the mirror is not who you see in pictures! I've felt that way a lot before.

Thanaglim said...

i do like the 3rd one myself...what happened that was so bad?

Clint said...

I like the overhead one on Mike's site. Your eyes look amazing in that one.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone for your comments and compliments!! :) Ashley-I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about the person in the mirror and the person in the picture.

Michael Andrew said...

Great pictures Elizabeth! I am happy you like them! TTYS! M