Saturday, November 10, 2007

blahblahblogging and squishyness

:) My sister and cousin are the new ones on the block for blogging. :) Yay! Really, I think blogging is wonderful. I love it at least.
---------------------------------------------
I didn't go on a road trip this weekend. Was going to, but I had SOOO much I needed to do, so I didn't go. I did all the stuff I needed to do rather than wanted to do. Such as getting my car into the shop, getting the oil changed, tires rotated, new air filter, etc. Very important on a vehicle that is about to reach 200,000 miles. Yep, I have put nearly 140,000 miles on this sucker. I still can't believe how well it is running right now. I promise I will take a picture when it reaches 200,000 miles. Even if I am late to work, I will pull off the side of the road and get a picture. :)
--------------------------------------------
I am going to play laser tag tonight. It's been years, and I have to admit...I love playing laser tag. It seems no one else does though, including my friend who invited me and put the whole thing together. I just think it's a lot of fun. Like paintball...except you don't have any welts afterward.
---------------------------------------------
Met this rather lovely guy last night, 28, from California, works for some big computer company, totally ripped, taller than me, named Mike. Seriously, the man was hot. Weirdest thing, and it will take a bit to explain the weirdness, so bear with me: By the end of the night the group of us had gotten to know each other pretty well, so we all hugged when we were saying goodbye. Now, I am used to hugging cause I LOVE to hug, and I especially love hugging guys. Go to hug him and...his muscles were rocks! Now, I am used to a little squishy or a lot squishy. I am even used to skinny, no squish, but you know, ribs sticking out. He is not squishy at all. Seriously, this guy was all muscle. (That was what was weird, yeah I know I am weird for thinking that that is weird) Now, some girls might find that really attractive, him being all ripped and all, but I have to say, after that hug, I really don't find that attractive. I much prefer at least a little squishy. It was kind of an awkward hug anyways, so maybe that was the problem, and if we were better friends maybe it would have been a better hug.
Although, I did very much admire his arms. :)
----------------------------------------------
FYI, I worked out every day this week. EVERY day! Aren't you proud of me? :) No weight loss, but hopefully with the muscle gain my metabolism will kick in a little more.
Oh, and I can FINALLY do a real sit up. Embarrassing, but I have never really been able to do a sit up...ever. I would have to get some momentum to get myself up. Well, my abs are now barely able to pull me up. LOTS of shaking, but at least that's something, right? I tell you what, my abs and back sure get sore. I do all kinds of sit-ups and core strengthening exercises as well as a standard sit up. Not for too long though, cause that wouldn't help anything I think. Moderating my exercise. I am starting to notice a difference. I am holding myself a little differently. Kind of exciting.
------------------------------------------------
That's all, folks!

2 comments:

Janel said...

THat is aweosem that you got to the gym every day, I am determined to do that this coming week. THe problem with a "little" squishiness is that the guys get older the little turns into a lot and then you are sitting there looking at each other and challenging each other to a weight loss contest because you are both out of control. :D A little hard body could be good, ya know, just to start out ahead of the curve :D

I love all your blog recruiting, how fun!!

Ashley said...

I agree with you. I'm not at attracted to musclelly men. I need some squish. It's comfortable!