Monday, November 26, 2007

Airports

Albuquerque Sunport Updated their internet service! I am so happy. Last time I was flying out of this airport, I tried several times on this very computer to connect to their wireless service and failed. It really is a good way to pass the time while waiting for your flight.
Southwest Airlines has this new thing where you still have boarding groups, but you are assigned a number in the boarding group. It is kinda like the old way of doing things, when they had those plastic vouchers that they passed out to everyone (who knows how many colds were passed around because of those plastic passes). Anyways, I kinda like it, cause now you don't have to sit on the floor for an hour waiting for the plane to start boarding.
Actually, this is the first time in a long time that I am boarding like a normal person. The last year and a half I preboarded because of my lovely knee. I had to get the front row to accommodate the fact that I couldn't bend my knee completely and the fact that I needed to stretch it out.
At the Phoenix Airport, they have these internet benches where you can put your laptop on it and plug it in. It is a nice concept, but they all need to come with chairs to sit on. And they need to make the benches big enough to accommodate as many laptops as there are plugs. Keep trying! :)
I like flying. I have had very few experiences where I didn't like flying. Once it was because of the weather. Flying into Dallas is never fun I have decided, and at all costs I am going to avoid ever flying into that airport again. Once in high school (first time I was flying without my parents) my flight couldn't land because of the weather, and then our plane was running out of fuel, so we had to land in Lubbock (another airport I would rather avoid) forced us to stay on the plane while they refueled and waited for the okay to fly again, and of course by the time we landed in Dallas I had missed any sort of connector to Washington DC. I had to stay in a hotel, get 2 hours sleep, make the majorly early morning flight to DC, and then play an audition that day. I got LAST chair in the cello section. LAST!
Otherwise I heartily enjoy it. In fact, I often know one or two people on my flight now. On my flight from Phoenix to Albuquerque, I ran into my high school senior year student body president. We had a really fun time catching up on all the people that we used to know. I knew more than he did. I reprimanded him for not doing a five year reunion (he had NO idea that he was supposed to at least have a small gathering) and informed him that the ten year reunion was not an option. :) I can't wait to inform a bunch of my friends that I saw him. He is living in Phoenix now. We swapped numbers, so we will be in touch. I betcha I am going to be roped into helping plan the ten year reunion. :) I wouldn't mind actually. It would be really good to see what has happened to everyone. A lot of people are married, have kids. A lot have their degrees. I for one look a TON different. I used to weigh a ton more than I do now, and really, I didn't look very good. I didn't do my hair, makeup, anything until I hit college actually.
Well, happy flying! I will be in Phoenix in about...2 hours and 7 minutes...hopefully. :)

No comments: