Monday, November 19, 2007

sick and crazy

I went to bed REALLY early last night (Sunday) so that I could wake up early, go to the store, and make Green Chili Chicken Enchilada casserole...Becky's amazing recipe! Made it, took it to work (it barely made it there, I am still mad at the Pontiac Vibe that made me slam on my brakes!), it was a big hit. Well, I woke up feeling pretty good. Got to work feeling good. Then about an hour into work, it hit.

It was like I was instantly hit with sickness. Why? WHY? The week of Thanksgiving, it had to be this week. Seriously people, I was freezing cold, chills galore, achy, major headache, and I could hardly breathe. Of course, I forgot my inhaler today. Of all days, today. So yes, the whole nine yards. Seriously, I don't know how I made it home. I called my visiting teacher, bishops wife, good friends who live in the ward just north of me, found an urgent care center, got a priesthood blessing, got meds, and I slept for 1 1/2 hours...kind of. It was more...I need to get over the chills, so I lay there freezing (wearing sweater, long sleeve shirt, sweat pants, socks, and like 3 thick blankets). There I was shivering to death. Finally, I started feeling a little more normal. So here I am, writing a blog.

Oh, it's a sinus infection that went to town. He said I also have ... pleurisy, which is when the cartilage around your ribs gets all inflamed and they hurt and it is hard to breathe. He gave me antibiotics that are for both sinus infections and pneumonia...just in case. It was the fastest trip to Urgent Care I have ever had. Seriously, I was in and out in 20 minutes. It was great.

At least my food was a big hit. I hope I didn't get anyone else sick from it. One of my coworkers said she has been feeling like that for a while, so I don't think I did. Anyways, they all went downstairs and nuked the food to get it piping hot, so that should have killed everything.

Hopefully.

3 comments:

Janel said...

Hey why didn't you call us??? Well, I don't know how helpful I would have been, I actually LEFT CHURCH (the first time in my 33 years) because my headache got so bad all of a sudden that I about heaved into the wastebasket in the primary room. I barely made it home and slept it off for about 4 hours, then felt better. I hope by Thursday you are feeling better!!

EmilyLemily said...

Poor Idlebet!!!!! You better be well enough to be happy and cheerful when you get here tomorrow night. And so you can eat lots and lots of food. Think well thoughts.

Penny said...

oh poor lady :(

hope you feel better soon