Monday, February 1, 2010

Deer in the Headlights...

I almost killed a deer yesterday...

Or rather, it almost killed me...

A few weeks ago, right after I moved into this new place, I saw a couple of deer as I was driving to the house. I mentioned it to the peoples of the house, and they said that they see deer pretty regularly...

Then nothing. Not a sighting. I was kinda disappointed to be honest with you. I wanted to see another one.

See. Not hit.

Thankfully I didn't hit the deer that decided to be suicidal the other night. I was driving along, kinda zoned out cause I had stuff on my mind. Then suddenly there was a deer racing me. And then it decided to cut me off.

I slammed on my brakes at the same time the deer did...it fell over just barely in front of my car, got back up and ran off...

I cannot tell you how happy I am that I did not hit that deer. I mean, really really really happy I didn't hit that deer. The last thing I need right now is a car that doesn't work because a deer decided it wanted to check out the pretty lights on my car up close and personal. And I am very glad the car behind me wasn't tailing me...I mean, I SLAMMED on my brakes.

Oh, and I am also glad I have new tires on my car. My car stopped so fast! Would not have been the case with the bald tires that were on my car...

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am really, really, really happy you're okay. A deer can do a real number on a car and the driver as well as the deer. I see why they wander into the road but it doesn't make it better when they get hit.