Monday, February 8, 2010

On the fly...

I tested out my cooking skills on a couple of kids tonight...I made Chicken and Rice (really putting myself out there) WITHOUT a recipe! I couldn't even tell you how much I used of everything...but these were the ingredients:

About 6 chicken tenderloins, cooked by my and shredded mostly by a 3 year old
1 Spanish onion (never used one before)
BUTTER...not too much though...
1 can cream of celery soup
garlic powder
thyme
sage
tarragon
water

It was yummy...the 11 year old boy asked me to teach his Dad how to cook it...pretty high compliment in my book...the 3 year old girl kept saying she didn't like it, and yet she kept eating it, so I am taking it as a big hit...

The only thing I misjudged was how much liquid I needed...I partially cooked the rice earlier, but not completely, and they needed more liquid than just that can of celery and the cup of water I used...I actually had to add it halfway through cooking the casserole in the oven...thankfully it wasn't a bust!

Woot for me and the cooking skills...it was nice to test them out today...tomorrow, spagetti and meatballs...I got some ideas online for ingredients for the meatballs, but again, no definite recipe...

No comments: