Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sympathy Pains...

I failed to mention this, but after I talked with one of my 2 BFF's on the phone today, I thought I would...

When I threw my back out yesterday I received a phone call...and of course I was indisposed so it went to voicemail...I was being notified that I was being made Aunt Elizabeth once again at some point later that day. She was on her way to the hospital to give birth.

Convenient timing for me to throw out my back. She actually has chronic back pain so she empathized with me this morning as I told her of my ordeal and I sympathized with her as she described the pleasures of giving birth.

I was supposed to be there this time. She asked me to hang out with her and play card games and such while she was hooked up to IV's and contraction machines and such. I feel terrible that I ended up being here in Alabama when baby #3 arrived...but thankfully all went well, labor went MUCH faster this time, which is great, and he is her biggest baby yet. AND she wasn't stuck to a machine because they have WIRELESS contraction and heartbeat monitors now...she only had to carry around her IV as she got to know the floor plan of the maternity wing...

So...anyways, this is what I get for not keeping my promise to be there. Sympathy pains...

Baby Hyrum and Mom Julie are healthy and well...he eats and sleeps like a pro and he looks a lot like his older brother with good sized baby cheeks...

As for me, I can climb the stairs today without pulling myself up using the handrail (still hurts like the dickens), so that is a slight improvement, but bending over is an entirely out of reach goal.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Out of reach for today maybe...you can do it!
And congratulations Auntie.