Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Thoughts on...

Two things: American Idol and the Olympics...

1) The guys are WAY better than the girls...I mean, WAY WAY WAY better than the girls...I was really 'hating on' the girls last night...I picked out the two guys to be voted off tomorrow as Tim Urban and the kid who looked like Paul McCartney...kinda...I think his last name was Lambert (I don't think he is any relation to the runner up from last season)...

There is ONE girl that I really like: Siobhan Magnus (I have NO idea how pronounce her name correctly) who surprisingly the judges didn't like last night, and three girls who are on my pretty good list: Crystal Bowersox, Michelle Delamor and Lilly Scott...all the others need to be GONE or need to step it up and prove to me why the judges thought they had a better girls group this year...

...oh, and I have to agree with Kara; Casey James is something special...he could sing that song to me any time, any place, whenever...he kinda has that Fabio look to him, but WAY better looking in my book...if he doesn't make it singing (which he should, because honestly he sounded better than most of the guys tonight), he should really consider modeling...

Probably won't watch Idol again until they have whittled it down to the top 10...that's when I start voting...

2) I am a bit obsessed with the Olympics...I wanted to be a figure skater SO bad as a little girl, and whenever I get on the ice I attempt spins and such (that's saying a lot for a klutz like me!)...anyways, my thoughts so far...

  • Evan totally deserved the gold...his performance was MUCH better than Plushenko's, even without the quad. And I admit that I have the tiniest crush on him...and yes, he is 6'2"...:)
  • I am feeling sooooo bad for the Dutch speed skater...that coach of his owes him a gold medal...and a world record...if you missed it, he was way out ahead of everyone, had the gold medal basically clinched, and his coach tells him to get into a different lane...just by moving into that other lane, he was disqualified...he got to the end of the race, pumps his hands, looks at his girlfriend in the stand and she has her face in her hands...at that point he realizes something is very wrong...just SO sad...he doesn't even get a silver or bronze...NOTHING...
  • GO TEAM USA!!! For beating Canada in Hockey, and winning their game today against the Swiss team...and way to go Canada for giving Russia a good beating today...I really hope the gold medal match is USA vs. Canada...makes it a good game...
  • I am planning my whole evening tomorrow around the women's figure skating tomorrow...it's my FAVORITE event...I am pulling for the Canadian woman...she totally deserves at least a medal just for continuing in the competition after her mother passed away suddenly on Sunday...I can't even IMAGINE what she is going through...very surprised by the USA girls, I didn't think they would fare as well as they have...and that Korean girl is AMAZING...best female figure skater I have ever seen, and I actually follow that sport pretty regularly...
  • Boy, Lindsey Vonn isn't doing very well, huh? AND because of her fall today, her teammate isn't even in medal running now...just AWFUL...
  • I LOVE Shaun White...he's just a fun athlete, and absolutely blows everyone out of the water with his half-pipe technique...absolutely amazing...I mean, did you watch his first run? Watch it, and then watch any of the other guys...the height he got on the first trick, the straight board? INCREDIBLE...
That's all for now...

1 comment:

Jane said...

I really wish we could watch the Olympics together. Tarzan just does not have the enthusiasm or the concentration. You would be such fun.