Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Dance...

There are a few songs that I HATE hearing at dances...

...some because they are overplayed and retarded, like YMCA, Cotton-Eyed Joe, etc...

...but some I 'hate' because they make me depressed...

Garth Brooks 'The Dance' is one of them. 2 boyfriends broke up with me after we listened to that song...no offense Garth, but I REALLY despise that song now...

Tonight that song wasn't played, but another one was. I assigned it, with the approval of an ex, as 'our song' unless we came up with a better one.

It was one of the first songs played tonight.

Yeah, I officially hate YSA dances...thankfully I had Cody and Lindsey to talk to most of the night...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I hated YSA dances, too when I was in YSA. I'm don't dance and it always seemed like the guy I wanted to dance with never asked. Sorry you had a crappy time. And Cody was often my salvation at most dances too :)

Jane said...

YSA dances are a puzzle to me.
As an aside, I never liked 'The Dance' and I like it less now. But if you want to make it up to Garth, try 'Standing Outside The Fire.' I really like that one.