Sunday, February 21, 2010

In need of protection...

Today was a rather usual Sunday...went to Church (great Sacrament meeting), came home, ate food...

This afternoon after eating with the family I am living with, I came upstairs to relax...check email, consider watching a movie, in my room...

...after a while I heard some unfamiliar laughter coming from downstairs, along with the families laughter...after trying to figure out the source, I decided to look for myself...

Went down the stairs and...

...suddenly I found myself at the bottom of the stairs...but instead of standing I was, well, not...

I don't think I passed out or anything...I obviously slipped, but I don't remember slipping...I do remember sliding down a few stairs, because that part hurt...really bad...I think I was so focused on figuring out who they were talking to that I just don't remember slipping...

...the father of the family was at the stairs in a flash...I was dazed and in shock to find myself in that fashion...(oh, they were talking to a friend of theirs in England using Skype, btw...)...I took a sec to take an accounting of my body...the back and shoulders will be VERY tender tomorrow, for sure...taking the Aleve tonight...

So it's decided. I need a bodyguard against myself. I mean, I nearly sliced my thumb in two a few weeks ago, then I nearly burned my left hand horribly bad, and now this. It's official, I need protection from myself.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Oooh, I see a super hot and tall bodyguard in your future. Enjoy the interview process...

Daisy said...

From one clutz to another, maybe a thorough physical would be a good idea... I'm not nearly as accident prone as I used to be and I give a lot of thanks to get my ears taken care of...

I also suggest Wii Fit... It helps you recognize your center of balance, continuously measures your strength and balance, gives you tips on how to improve your balance/posture, and provides exercises... OH, and it's FUN!