Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Forgettable...

Have you ever heard someone or read someone's blog and they recount a memory about themselves in which they mention important people that were involved in that memory...and they forget to mention you...

That's me...

No really, it is. I am the forgettable.

This is not to rant and rave or complain or whatever about it...I just wonder why that is.

I look at family albums and school outings and yearbooks and other such things...and I am conveniently out of the picture (I don't really mind that during my high school years, since I looked like an elephant with smallpox all over her face).

Now, I am not hard to miss. I am a 6 foot tall female, white as Destin's beaches, LOUD as all get out (seriously, those of you who haven't met me in person, I laugh so loud you could hear me a mile away during a hurricane), blonde...and yet I am out of the story all the time, whether or not I was a prominent part of the story.

Why is that?

I hope this isn't interpreted as 'gosh dang, she is a self-absorbed, selfish thing'...that is true some of the time, and I admit it freely...I am just wondering what it is about me that makes me so easy to overlook...is it my amazing ability to 'blend in'?...

(No, no one's posted, written or said anything recently that is making me think of this, I was just browsing around some stuff and came to that realization...and no, thankfully I am not wallowing in self despair or depression...)

Progress report: I can bend a little, but bending the knees is an absolute must to wash my hands or open lower cabinets or load/unload dishwasher/washing machine/dryer...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Now I wish I had a picture of us in high school or something so you would know you're fantastic and not forgotten at all.
The nice girls aren't self centered ENOUGH to be in all the pictures.