Saturday, February 6, 2010

Water for Haiti Orphanages...

Here is the 'long story short version':

My friend Michael is in Haiti, has been doing some amazing volunteer work with the orphanages there, has been saving lives, modern day super hero kind of stuff...he has finally gotten some major progress on getting long term help for these orphanages through the Salvation Army and the 82nd Airborne...and they are asking for some help:

They need water purification systems at these orphanages...they will be far more cost effective than shipping water in...they will give clean water for a family of 6 for 5 years, amazing pieces of machinery...you can read about them here HERE...(seriously, I want one for my food storage!)

They are $30...there is a factory that produces them in Port-au-Prince that according to my friend (see his blog HERE) is still producing them, and even if they can't, there is a factory in the Dominican Republic (right next door) that is fully able to supply them.

My friend asked us to purchase just one filter...he is trying to get enough for all the orphanages that he is tracking...if you can, go to the below website, purchase a filter, and be sure to put a comment/note saying that it is 'for Michael's Orphans' so that they get to the 82nd airborne for distribution...

http://www.filterpurefilters.com/

If you would like to get the long story, go check out his website:

www.michaelthemaven.com

I was about to apologize for using this blog for soliciting help, but I don't have to...it's MY blog! :) I can use it however I darn well please, and I am not sorry for this. I think it's a good thing he is doing, and I don't mind asking for people to help. I can't do much, but I can spread the word...I am a loud talker, ya know? :) Thanks for helping, and feel free to pass this along...it would be really cool if he gets a lot more help than he expected...

1 comment:

pnjust4u said...

Dear sweet Elizabeth. I think it is really neat that you are trying to help your friend who is in Haiti trying to help others! I have a blog set up now(actually Marla set it up for me and I'm not sure what I'm doing with it yet, but soon we can blog each other??!! Is that what people do?) I love you darlin' and I'm going to that website right now to see if I can help your friend...so see, because of your thoughtfulness and kindness, your blog is helping others too. Sending you a big HUG, Aunt Pat