Tuesday, February 23, 2010

1 1/2 for 2...

Halfway cooked dinner tonight (my idea, my recipe...well, Mom's recipe...but the lady of the house did help a LOT with it) and all the way cooked dessert...at least I thought I cooked it 'all the way'...

Chicken Pot Pie (Mom's Throw-together Pie)...I insisted on not putting more liquids into the pit, and I am glad I did...just the right amount of flavor, and it wasn't a soup...

Pumpkin Bars...with this amazing (and amazingly simple) cream cheese frosting...1 package cream cheese (8 0z), 1 stick butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla...mix until smooth...try not to eat all of it before you actually frost something...absolutely delectable...

Everything was going well until we actually CUT into the middle of the Bars...they weren't cooked all the way...yeah, kinda bummed about that...BUT they still taste yummy...I really am bummed though, because I tested the bars THREE times with the tooth pick, and it came out clean as a whistle...

Oh well...maybe tomorrow I will be more successful with food...

3 comments:

Aubrey & Cheyenne Martin said...

That icing sounds great! Sorry about your pumpkin bars. Also, you sound like Bella in that last post. Maybe you can find a sexy Edward to protect you. Or are you a Jacob fan? ;)

Elizabeth said...

Ha! You know, as I first read Twilight, I realized that I relate to Bella in SO many ways...I am definitely an Edward fan, partly because I have a bit of a thing for vampire lore...

Jane said...

It's amazing what a difference cream cheese can make to a lot of things.
I feel for you with the not done despite the toothpick test. Those suckers are not as accurate as they were when my mom did it...