Monday, February 25, 2008

Pageant and Sweet Potato Corn Tortilla Chips with chocolate and home taught!!! and online traffic school


:)

Yeah, that's the costume I will be wearing. And a lot of the people in this picture are in the pageant again this year. I do believe this is last years crew.

The 2008 Mesa Easter Pageant will be held on the following dates:

Spanish: March 14th and 15th
ASL: March 14th and 15th
English: March 12th, 13th, and the 18th through the 22nd (the 23rd is Easter and my Daddy's birthday, and he will be here in town...PARTY at my pad!!!...maybe...I need to consult the Aunts and more especially Mommy)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yes, sweet potato corn tortilla chips with a bit of spice and lime twisted into them...and chocolate chips. It's a very interesting montage of flavors I have in my mouth at the moment. I like it actually. :) I bought the chips at whole foods today. They looked good. I just wish I had a lime sauce to dip them in.

I had a bowl of chocolate chips sitting out, and I threw some in right after throwing a chip or two it. I stopped and considered it for a moment and decided I liked it.

Yes, I am weird.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

I was home taught tonight. One of them I know, the other one is a complete stranger but for some reason his voice is incredibly familiar. I didn't recognize him, but he had a beard he was working on.

Anyways, the lesson was on eternal marriage and families. :)

It actually was a good lesson. They both contributed to the lesson, the Spirit was definitely there, and I am getting my back lawn mowed Saturday! Woot!!

I heartily believe in always giving my home teachers and visiting teachers something they can do to serve. They ask, they want to serve, so I give them something. Mowing the lawn will take maybe 20 minutes, but they will truly be saving my life! I insist on doing something for my teachees...hmm...thankful I have an extra day this month!

Visiting teachers are harder to give things to do on the spot. But since I am living here in this house...hmm...I am sure they could help me with some small project. I shall have to consider over this for a bit.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

$120 and 5 hours to clean my record. And I can do all but 15-30 minutes of it from the comfort of my own home! Yeah, yeah!

I have to take the final exam (What do you do when the light turns yellow...A) ignore it B) step on the gas C) panic or D) slam on your brakes so the person behind you will run into you and you can get a new car and $2000 for pain and suffering to boot!) at a Kinko's so they can notarize the page proving that I actually took the class and the test. Yeah for 24 hour Kinko's! I don't have to take any time off work.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

For those of you who know Sarah, my roomie, her grandmother died today. She could use a few prayers. She is at this very moment driving to California (yeah, in the middle of the night...I should've made her wait til morning...not that I could've stopped her, being that she is a weight lifter and a heavy object thrower (shot put, discus, hammer throw) ) to be with her Mom. I guess she is taking it really hard. Sarah is such a trooper, but this can't be easy for her.

4 comments:

Thanaglim said...

give her my condolences

Mindy said...

I am so excited you are in the pageant this year. I was an angel one year... Well I'm an angel every hour of every day =) But I was 17 when i did it and it was the best experience ever. It strengthened my testimony so much and I made a lot of really cool new friends! I hope you love it as much as I did.

EmilyLemily said...

Well, you know me! Miss forgetfull and sometimes Miss not-really-listening-as-well-as-she-should-be! hehehe

The Allen Fam said...

Hey just wanted to let you know to watch your mail over the next week for something from me. Nothing fancy or anything but just keep an eye out for it.