Sunday, February 10, 2008

Been tagged, so here ya go!

Rules: Answer each question about yourself, then tag 5 people by posting their names and leaving them a comment on their blog.

10 Years Ago: I was living in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, sophomore at the brand new Rio Rancho High School (first year it was open). I was in the Albuquerque Youth Symphony, taking cello lessons, preparing for the Rio Rancho High School orchestra's Spring trip to San Antonio for our competition...where we took top orchestra, top group at that festival in general...and finally, by the end of that semester we won nationals. Yep, the first year the high school had opened, without any seniors in the orchestra (freshmen through juniors), our orchestra teacher rallied us together and we were the best group in the country. The horrible thing is that the high school admin was SO horrible and such that she left the high school and took up the orchestra position at a high school in Las Cruces where she still teaches today I believe. She is the reason why I continued with music.

Things On My To Do List Tomorrow: Play in friend's ward for their special musical number, attend my ward, go to the broadcast of the Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting which I intended on attending this morning but my body wouldn't let me wake up...I finally was able to sleep in. Other than those things I intend on taking a nice nap and eating some good food and reading some good books and calling some good people.

Snacks I enjoy: Dark chocolate, strawberries, chocolate strawberries, graham crackers dipped in milk, peaches, fresh fruit really of any kind, fresh veggies too.

What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire? Get an attorney. A good one.

3 Of My Bad Habits:

1. Can't keep my room clean worth anything. I can keep the rest of the house clean, but not my room.
2. I laugh REALLY loud. It can be annoying I think.
3. I stay up too late and have to wake up early. By the weekend I am dieing, and more often than not I have to wake up early over the weekend.

5 places I have lived: Tempe and Chandler, Arizona; San Antonio, Texas; Chubbuck, Idaho; Lompoc and Goleta, California; Northport, AL; Rio Rancho, New Mexico. (YES, I know that is more than five...I thought I would finish it off :) )

Jobs that I have had: Pizza delivery driver, Rehabilitation Therapist for Autistic children, Speed-Reading teacher, Cutco salesperson (worst job EVER), gigger, musician, customer sales rep at Lerner New York (now New York and Company), music theory lab teacher, grader, file clerk, receptionist...um...I could go on if you like :)

Things most people don’t know about me: I can crack all of my toes by curling them under. No, not with my hands, not by hitting them on the floor, but by using the muscles in my toes.
My favorite color is white. Seriously, it is white. Has been since high school I think. Yes, I know, I am weird. Next favorite is green.
I am afraid of semi's and cement trucks. Cement trucks scare me to death.
Everyone that has seen me knows that I have crooked fingers, but for those of you who don't know me, I have crooked fingers. Born that way. No, doesn't help with playing the cello, I have had to build the muscles and make them more flexible. I think that is part of the reason why I have never been able to improve at the piano.
I am allergic to dandelions. My eyes swell shut.

I am going to break the last rule. If you feel so inclined you may continue this on if you would like! :) Let me know if you do.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Yet another coincidence - my brother and his wife lived in Rio Rancho, NM up until a month or so ago....
Nice job on the toes - I've always wanted to be able to crack them all, I can get two or three and then have to reach for the rest. Share your secret!! :-)

EmilyLemily said...

You are so funny! I might have to do this on mine... ;)