Sunday, February 10, 2008

Just wanted to point out..., and my Sabbath day

...that this is post number 111! :) What a fabulous looking number, don't you think??

yes, I am weird

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Here is the layout of my Sabbath day:

  • went to Mesa 20th to perform a special musical number for their Sacrament Meeting at the request of a friend of mine...the talks were on personal revelation and it was exactly what I needed to hear
  • started back home and my car made a U-turn and took me to the temple where I walked around in the beautiful 70 degree weather, clear sky, tiny bit of a breeze...it was HEAVENLY! Read scriptures, admired the Pageant stage, noted that the stairs that I will be climbing looked VERY sturdy and easy to climb...:) , meditated, watched this really cute family walk around the gardens...grabbed a bunch of Pageant fliers to pass out to all my coworkers
  • went home, dropped off cello
  • went to Church, discovered that it was Ward Conference...yeah, missed that announcement, glad I was early! The talks were on the Creation, the Fall and the Atonement. And they were AMAZING! For a farmer, my Bishop could give my former Bishop in Alabama who also was my institute teacher a run for his money. He knows his stuff! I don't know where he has found the time to learn it and study it either. He continually amazes me. Sunday School was on the Atonement, Relief Society was on Relief Society (yes, it was on Relief Society)
  • came home full of the intent to take a nap...ate food, roomie came home, and before I knew it it was time for me to go to the...
  • went to the rebroadcast my stake did for the Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting that was originally broadcasted yesterday morning. For those of you who missed it, President Monson gave his first Church-wide talk as Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! And it was about family, getting married, having kids, getting married, the proclamation, getting married...did I say it was about marriage? Oh, and rearing up a righteous generation. Elder Oaks was HILARIOUS! He would lean over, make a joke, really work it up, and sit back and laugh like he was the funniest guy ever. It was precious! My goodness there were some good moments. They really did touch on some beautiful subjects. One thing I got was that the decisions I make now independently need to be ones with my family in mind. I am responsible for making sure I have a family where they are brought up in the Gospel. Which means when I marry, I need to marry a man I can be absolutely sure will preside over the family and that I will be there to make sure that he can preside over it. I need to make sure he and I are on the same page when it comes to a family. Warren and I weren't. Gosh, there were so many moments during that broadcast where I was like...wow, yeah, we were off on that. I can honestly say I am very happy I didn't marry him. We were not on the same page at all. Not that he is on the wrong page, I am not saying that at all, but he and I were just different. Anyways...
So there you have it. The Church is true!

Opinions: I am playing for the Saturday night session of my YSA Stake's Conference. The topics for that night are : 'faith and adversity' and 'the Prophet Joseph Smith'. Any suggestions on hymns? I was kinda thinking Be Still My Soul, but this is cello solo. I could make it work, but that hymn really needs accompaniment and I simply don't have the time or the piano to write out a piano part...

3 comments:

heidi said...

my fave faith and adversity type songs are "where can i turn for peace?" or "nearer my god to thee" which i have heard performed by cello before as a medley and it is fantastico.
funny, i didn't notice at all "get married" in the leadership conference. i kept hearing "raise your kids righteously or pay the consequences". funny the things that stick out to different people.

Marla said...

I have to agree about the whole marriage/responsibility/tough decisions thing. All these people already married are done with that tough decisions, we still have to make ours! Let's hear it for trial & error, and adventure...hopefully the trial and error before and the adventure after the marrying thing! Love ya cuz!

Rocketgirl said...

I was talking to a friend of mine today and we were naming all of the differences we have from our spouses. And how it could totally lead to divorce - but the only thing that distingushes our relationships from failed relationships is the church. When the husband is striving to be the best at his calling, he'll always make peace in the home and be less selfish. I wouldnt have a marriage without it:)

Have a happy day!!