Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sleep and Talk and free massage!

I slept in! Kinda...I slept until 9:00am. Truly sleeping in would have looked more like 1:00pm.

Thank goodness I am in a singles ward that meets at 12:30 or I would NEVER get to sleep in. I tell you what, I am exhausted and sore. That rehearsal yesterday was a GREAT workout. My legs are absolutely screaming!

Man, I have the weirdest dreams when I sleep in.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The talk went well. I thought all three talks given today were really well done actually. The first one was on the principle of obedience, the second (mine) was on the principle of sacrifice, and the last was on following the prophet. Got lots of compliments on my talk, but only two people actually came up and talked to me about the law of sacrifice.

I was asked to introduce myself before it started, and it went a little something like this:

"Alright, intro. I am Elizabeth ______, I used to be in this ward but was in Alabama attending the University of Alabama for three years, Roll Tide! I am 25, come from a good family, been a member all my life, lots of pioneer heritage, 7 generations in the church behind me...um...

"I am six feet tall... (some chuckles)

"I am free Friday night!"
:) (lots of laughter)

Hmm...maybe I should be a comedian?

Nah! I would get up there and freeze. And I don't like rotten tomatoes at all!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

K, so after giving the talk I go to Sunday School and this really sweet girl sits next to me. She has been in the ward since forever ago. She has a mental disability of some sort, no idea what to call it other than she is just a bit slow. She can read, write, think just fine, just on a slower scale.

I leaned forward at one point during the lesson and she started giving me one of the best massages I have ever had in my entire life. I wanted to cry, not out of pain, but out of gratitude. She seriously kept doing it for around 15 minutes. It was heaven.

Know, I want you to understand, I already loved this girl SO much. She is SO sweet and full of all kinds of love. I make it a point to spend at least five minutes if not more with her every time I see her at a Church function. Not out of obligation at all, but because I really love her.

I never expected her to have such strong hands and arms. Seriously, this was an amazing massage. I hope I have an opportunity to repay her at some point. I needed that massage SO much.

2 comments:

Steven and Mindy Raisor said...

Thanks for the warning about that comment. It is gone forever, I guess you have to advertise anywhere you can nowadays. If you really want a good massage you should come over and get one from Mindy. She can really work out that stress, she only demands the same in return. You dont have to be as good as her, just try. prbably why I don't get any from her...I am too lazy to do it back. Oh well.
Peace out,
Steven

Jane said...

Mmm, sleeping in is the best. We should swap ream stories some time. I get some doozies too.
Good job on the talk - you sounded all relaxed and calm - and funny! I love when talkers don't take themselves too seriously.