Thursday, February 14, 2008

V Day............... and job hunting

I will love this day when I have someone to share it with.

I really will. This is the kind of thing that I LOVE.

Just not today.

It was okay. I got a card from someone I don't know at work and a chocolate in the shape of puckered lips...and a cookie in the shape of a heart.

Both of my roommates taped Valentine's onto my door. That was pretty cool, wasn't expecting that. :)

Actually, the best thing about today was talking with my manager. I have one of the best averages for quality on the team. WELL above average. It's still not as high as he wants it to be for everyone, but I think that that says a lot! AND I have THE highest record for doing provider updates by a landslide. He wants me to move up, but the next opportunity to would be in September.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So being that I am doing far and above everyone else at work...I think it's time for me to move on. I wouldn't be able to here until July if I were to go outside of my department, September within my department...

I need a better job.

I hate job hunting. Seriously, I have talent, I know it, I have experience, I have FABULOUS references, I can do much more than what I am, but...I don't know how to present myself. I am bad at networking. I get SO stressed. I wish I could have someone walk me through this and find me a wonderful job. Is there such a person where that is what they do?

AND do you know how difficult it is to get any sort of job in the music industry? Okay, yeah, I could work at the local music store and make $5.nothing/hour. A REAL job?!?! Now, multiply that by the fact that I live in Arizona. There is ASU music school, there is the Phoenix Symphony. And that pretty much summarizes the job market for music here. Oh, and the schools. Um, yeah, not happening. Not today at least.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

What do I think of the car today? It needs a bath. Will the paper inside the plastic that is acting as my license plate until the real thing comes in the mail make it through a car wash?? Hmm...

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Ashley's good at finding jobs! Hire her to help you! HAHA!

Jane said...

Oooh! If you need help with the marketing, resume, presenting, interview thing - talk to Reva about her father. He rocks at that sort of thing. Seriously.