Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas

There is my Christmas decorating for the year. I have a few decorations out and one strand of lights around the porch. Pretty pathetic actually. I will not be here for Christmas, so I haven't put any effort into decorating. I don't have the money to buy new Christmas lights or any other decorations. I don't mind most of the time. I get invited over to see friends and family enough to enjoy the beautiful decorating jobs they have done. Perhaps next year.

I do miss having a Christmas tree. There is one in the garage, but it's not very attractive. I have standards when it comes to evergreens. The temptation to go and buy an authentic Christmas tree is very much present, but there isn't any reason. Without working Christmas lights, ornaments and a star for the top, it would end up being rather expensive. I never have had a real one, we always had fake ones growing up. I love the smell that comes with live Christmas tree, They have these small ones at Sam's Club, but...I could use the money on more important things like gas and Christmas presents. :) And bills...and car repairs...and house repairs...oh, and food.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Yippee for Christmas decorations! I don't decorate my house because no one sees it! ha ha! But my classroom...that's a different story. Have a great Christmas!