Saturday, December 22, 2007

I'll be home for Christmas...

I am so excited to be home! Yay for Christmas. It is my favorite time to be here. Granted, I don't think anything could beat last year. I was happy with Warren at that time. We were 'officially' dating Christmas Eve, which is his birthday. I had a great time with my family. I had 2 weeks or so at home. It was wonderful! It will be difficult to beat that. Nevertheless, I am very happy to be home. Christmas in New Mexico is wonderful.

And cold...although it got pretty chilly today in Phoenix...It didn't make it to 60 today...yes, I am a wimp!

I love my family, so I will deal with the cold in order to be with them for Christmas. :)

Last night I went to a University 6th ward party. It was a lot of fun, saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time. Most importantly I saw our old Bishop. Right after I moved to Alabama his wife died. I was devastated. I couldn't believe it. I felt so much like I needed to be there for him and the ward and such. He is a good man. I have been wanting to set him up with my Aunt, but it sounds like he isn't at all in the market. He has a long ways to go before he will start dating again. He hasn't even moved her clothes out of the closet yet. Isn't that just heart breaking. He has an amazing family, and all of us U6ers still keep tabs on him, so he has a wonderful circle of support. The best thing the stake president did was leave him in his position as Bishop. The 6th ward really was very much a Zion ward...we all fulfilled our callings, we were happy, we knew each other really well. Problem: we were such good friends, dating didn't happen very often.

Anyways. I am going to be playing in a future recital soon along with a number of others who are or were in the ward. His daughter is a professional opera singer, and we have tons of great musicians that are affiliated with the ward. It should be a great event. We are going to do a tester recital to see how many people show up. First we will perform at his house. If we do it again and there was standing room only, we are going to find a larger venue. It should be a fantastic event.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Guy who is hitting on me at work:

Mohawk...
constantly is wearing Bad Religion black sweater.
walks around with one pant leg halfway up to show off his tattoo
drinks like crazy (alcohol)
and worst of all...he is the one that is the ex-fiance look-a-like.

Sounds perfect! :)







(JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really isn't perfect)










////////////////////////////////////////////

I have a nickname! First time I have been given one. I have been christened:

Phoebe

as in the character Lisa Kudrow played in Friends. :)

Why? Tall, blonde, musician, and they said it just seems to fit SO well for whatever reason. :) So every time I go by, I hear "hey Phoebe" or "smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?"

:)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: