Monday, October 1, 2007

The trip, and I am famous!! kinda...

So the trip could not have been any better than it was. Well, actually it could've been. I could still be there for one enjoying the company of all my friends and family out there.

Disclaimer: MY CAMERA IS BROKEN! So no, no pictures. I wish I knew how to download pictures off of my phone, cause I did get an awesome shot of the stadium at the Alabama vs Georgia game, which is yet another thing that could have gone better, but we won't talk about that right now. :)

So what did I do?? Here it goes, in bullet style:

  • landed in atlanta, got car (Saturn Ion, not a bad car, I really liked it actually) and drove to Tuscaloosa like a madwoman because
  • SURPRISE! Rachel got home from her mission and I wanted to surprise her, but it still was kind of a surprise anyways, but Amber had to tell her
  • went to the game. Not talking about it.
  • Stayed the night w/ Nichee (hottest house on the planet!)
  • Went to Church, saw primary program, cried through the WHOLE thing
  • Had to disappoint everyone because I wasn't moving back
  • Took a nap at Nichee's
  • Had dinner with Amber, Rachel, Hila and all of the missionaries (three sets, one set of sisters, the rest elders)
  • Back to Nichee's and gossiped with Cody all night long
  • Attempted to sleep again in hot house (drugs are wonderful!)
  • Went to UA, School of Music, printed up a tree worth of articles which I am now reading for my
  • thesis, which must get done cause lo and behold my major professor is going on sabbatical in the Spring!
  • Went to old job and caught up with everyone
  • Got talked into staying one more night
  • went to FHE
  • slept AGAIN at Nichee's
  • Drove to Atlanta, spent the day with Reva and met her baby Solei (had food at La Madeleine's, an amazing place if you are in the hotlanta area
  • Met up with cousin's wife Penny and their new baby Jones (SOOO cute, totally Scott junior) (Penny and Reva just happen to be visiting teaching partners, can we say SMALL world?)
  • Went to target, bought a dress and a shirt which I proceeded to leave at Reva's house dagnabit
  • had dinner with Penny, Scott and baby Jones, got ice cream and went back over to Reva and Jared's and we all just had a grand old time (I got to hold Jones for like thirty minutes, it was wonderful!)
  • Slept and left for airport and SERIOUSLY considered upgrading to first class...but I didn't
There it be

NOW, for me being famous. Click on the following link:

http://www.desnews.com/cn/view/1,1721,495006052,00.html


Scroll down to the picture of a bunch of people in a classroom. See the girl on the right with the green shirt and the hair sticking out smiling...that'd be me! :) How appropriate, being in a news article about the Tempe institute, huh?

That's all folks!!!

4 comments:

Thanaglim said...

oh wait, no you couldn't I was in Missouri at the time, but if I wasn't you could've.

Thanaglim said...

You could've come to see me!

Ashley said...

Aww, wish I could've gossiped with you and Cody! But at least I got to see you!

Janel said...

I had no idea they were building that...that is very cool! It sounds like your trip was super fun!!