Friday, October 26, 2007

life

Life is good and busy. Lots of stories to tell:

The Office: I love this show, but I have a few things that have happened at work that would work nicely in the show, and all from this week.

1. Today I was the Support Assistant of the day, which means I am the one that gets all the random stuff to do that just comes up, like printing labels, sending in tickets to get the copiers, faxes, printers fixed, updating special things for the Benefit Examiners, and some really weird and random stuff. Well today one of the people on the team next to me gets an email from our San Antonio office. This guy faxed something to a providers office on October 15th, which they received...but they keep getting it...over and over and over again on a regular basis. Ten days they have been getting this same fax over and over again. We had no idea. Called in a ticket, they laughed, guy came up, said we needed to call another department, called them, they laughed, guy came up, laughed again, and erased the memory on the fax machine. Hopefully that took care of the problem.
2. So we get this email about a health and wellness fair, and we can sign up for free massages (occurred today, I was the first one that signed, and it was fabulous, first professional massage) and we get other free stuff too. Of course like most email applications, there is an option to REPLY or REPLY ALL. One smart person hit reply all to the email and requested a massage...which ALL of the Phoenix personnel read. Now, this isn't a small company by any means. :)
Now, that would be funny enough on its own...but then another person did it, saying "Thanks, but I already had a massage yesterday, don't need another one". :)
Then another said "Please take me off the list"
Then another "How do I get a free massage"

Oh, it just kept going. And the rest of us are roaring. :) It was pretty fun.

I had another bit of a missionary experience. Told my coworker about Joseph Smith's vision, pretty fantastic experience. She doesn't seem to be at all interested, but it was great for me. Speaking of Joseph Smith, the actor who played the role of Joseph Smith in the Restoration...he spoke at out Institute class tonight. Kinda cool, he has a real sweet and tender testimony of Joseph Smith, and who wouldn't, being that they really did film that amazing section in the Sacred Grove. He told of his experience with the auditions, preparing the part, how the Lord had His hand in the whole production. Evidently it wasn't til the final edits of the film that the First Presidency announced that it needed to be shown around the world. It was originally to just be shown in two visitors centers. After watching the film, they said that the Spirit in the film is just absolutely amazing. I agree.

Okay, I think I figured out what I am going to be for Halloween...and I get to do an amazing makeup job for it. (Have I mentioned, I love playing with makeup!!!) Nope, not telling, you will see pictures soon enough. I have to go buy the costume now.

No comments: