Thursday, October 11, 2007

Baking

K, so I finally went to the store and bought the following:

Yeast
Baking Soda
Baking Powder
Eggs

All key ingredients for what is commonly known as baking.

I made chocolate chip cookies...they weren't gooey, so something went awry, but they tasted good, so that is all that matters.

I am currently waiting for 2 loaves of white bread to finish baking. I hate waiting for bread to rise. So you know what I did? I blog stalked and practiced my cello. I used the time wisely!! :) How about that, huh?

I am going to have homemade bread. I am seriously ready to pull it out right now...but I just put it in 5 minutes ago, so that wouldn't be good. But it already smells SOOOOOO good!!!

:) I am eating a midnight meal...I don't care what everyone says about eating late. If you smelled what I am smelling at 11:06pm, you would eat it too.

By the way, I have lost 5 pounds. :) 15 more to go, and my BMI will be just below 25, which is the threshhold for being overweight. :)

I was sick, that is how I lost it. I don't recommend doing it that way. It seems that is the main way I lose weight though. I used to be 225, but I lost 40 pounds after having mono. Lost 5 pounds a week until I got to 185. I gained 20 in the last few months, (205), am now to 200. So, 15 pounds, here I come.

After I finish eating 2 loaves of WHITE BREAD right out of the oven. :)

Okay, I will only eat...2 slices of it. I will restrain myself.

Maybe I will take the other loaf to work. That would be nice. :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Good luck on losing weight. I feel the frustration there! You are one brave woman to broadcast on your blog how much you weigh, and som people may not know how tall you are! Anway, good luck. I myself wouldn't mind losing around 20!

Elizabeth said...

oh, and you look great! I thought you were looking pretty lean when I saw you a couple of weekends ago.

Elizabeth said...

true...I thought about that after I posted, but I thought maybe it would give me more of an impulse to lose it now that the world thinks I am a large blob. :) jk!!

For those who don't know already, I am a tree (as Nichee would say), as I am 6 feet tall.

heidi said...

my helpful hint for gooey chocolate chip cookies:
if the recipe calls for 10 minute baking time, bake them in your oven for 8 and then let them finish baking themselves on the hot cookie sheet for two minutes outside of the oven. guarantees a gooey cookie.(you may need to adjust just a tad depending on you oven.
also, make sure you aren't over salting or over flouring. can you tell i make cookies ALL the time? good luck. i would like to see pics of your finished baking products! white bread is tough!

Ashley said...

Thanks!