Thursday, August 9, 2007

Lonely

Man, living in a big house all by yourself sucks bad. Technically, this is a four bedroom house. And it is practically empty. It is amazing how empty a house is when someone moves out. I miss just knowing that Connie's asleep in the room next to mine.

Her pad is pretty sweet though. Had dinner with her today, and this lady just invited herself to our table to sit and eat with us. At first I was kinda offended, but then I realized everyone does that there. Oh I hope Connie is happy there.

So yeah, on the brink of tears people. Sucks.

What is cool is going through all my Grandpa and Grandma's old stuff. Dude, my Grandpa was a stud. Lots and lots of pictures. He kept a bunch of letters, including some love notes to and from Grandma. SOOOO sweet. They really did love each other a lot.

Found the ice cream maker. I lay claim to it!!!

I am not sure how many of my cousins browse this, but I found two of his dominoes sets. 42 tourny, anyone??? :)

Found a briefcase that was locked, NO idea where the key is so I broke into it and found a bunch of his old papers and the beginning of him writing a history about himself back in 1976. I am going to keep that and type it up for everyone, cause I know I will do it, but I will show it to the Aunts when they come over Saturday and ask them if they know where the rest of it is. I kinda have been looking through EVERYTHING to try and locate the rest of it.

Oh, found his Patriarchal Blessing too. As a direct descendant I have the right to read it, and I want to make a copy of it for all the cousins who want it. I wish I could find Grandma's amongst all this stuff. Perhaps tomorrow.

All right, time to cry myself to sleep. Don't worry, this too shall pass. :) I know it! (I got that last line from Grandpa!!!:) )

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Living alone is tough. But you'll get used to it, or find a roommate one. Either way, it'll work out...

Thanaglim said...

Don't feel bad, you found wonderful stuff about your grandpa and you will find a roommate. Who couldn't live with you?

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, you two are sweet!