Sunday, August 5, 2007

about the date...

Well, I had fun, but he's too young and short for me. Would be a good friend to have though.

So one of my best friend's Julie set me up with her brother-in-law. She wasn't at all sure that we would be a match, but what the heck, right? I mean, I set her up with my cousin back in the day. Anyways, I get all nervous and start thinking maybe I am not ready to go out with anyone yet. I mean, I got all freaked out about a dream I had the other night (DREAM: guy who is a friend of my cousin's hangs out a lot with me, asks me to marry him (no ring but a bracelet) and then turns out he was really trying to win me over for another guy who is latino and doesn't speak a word of english....yeah, totally random dream, NO idea where it came from). So I decide to go with it, we have Thai food (LOVE THAI FOOD) and were going to go bowling with his buddies...and they bail on him. So he has to improvise, long awkward silent moments as we sit and wait for the bill and for him to decide what we are going to do.

So I make the suggestion of a movie, and he practically jumps at it. Go to see the new Bourne movie (fabulous by the way) and it doesn't start for like 2 hours. So we go to the Pro Bass Shop. Yes that's right. A sportsmans shop. :) That's a first for me. Now, those of you who really know...know that I am not at all sportzy. But I go along with it. The store is actually pretty impressive, but I have to admit I was rather bothered by all the animals they had on display there. They have real animals (elk, raccoons, deer, snakes, bears, even a rhino) that they have stuffed and put on display. That just isn't my thing. You don't kill something just for the heck of it and to display it. That BOTHERS me. You kill to protect yourself, your family, friends, country, or to eat it because you need food. PERIOD. They were selling elephant guns in there! Why in the world would an Arizonan need an elephant gun? Could someone please answer me this?

So anyways, I am rather mortified by some areas of the store. But some areas were actually really cool, like the boat area. They well boats, and the boats are on display inside this massive store. They were pretty sweet. And they had tubes and skis and boards and life jackets. I liked that area. And they had more fishing poles than I thought could exist on the planet. Dang, but there a lot of different kinds of fishing poles out there!

Go see the movie (great movie) and he drives me home. The nice thing is that besides at the restaurant and during the movie we were able to carry a fairly decent conversation. But, yeah, not my type. May ask Julie if she thinks he should meet my sister. Not sure if he is her type, but I really don't know what her type is.

Today was Grandma's last day in the ward. I cried in all three meetings. Yep, I am a sap. I am going to miss her so much! :(

2 comments:

heidi said...

reading your analysis of bass pro shops made me laugh. my father-in-law owns many guns and rifles. among them is an assault rifle. he isn't planning on hunting any humans anytime soon. he just collects weaponry. i am sure that he would be interested in shooting an elephant gun, just for fun.

Elizabeth said...

Wow. I just am so not at all into that lifestyle. :) My date said he would love to teach me, because I don't have any bad habits in how to shoot a gun. I have thought about learning how to and maybe even possibly having one in the house as a protective device, but I don't think I ever will. I am too freaked out by them. Seriously, I think if anyone really pointed a gun at me, I would faint on the spot. And I have never fainted.