Wednesday, August 15, 2007

:)

Okay, so I get to work just barely on time, and I notice that my car is acting kinda funny, but it often does that. I get off of work, drive to the gym and work out. I walk out of the gym, walk to the car, open car, sit in car, put key in car...and guess what? Oh, just guess. DON'T think TOO hard about this one, my friends. That's right, it doesn't start. Yay, right?
4 hours later I am at the airport rental car place. There is of course a line. I finally get up to the lady who is the ONLY one smiling behind the counter. We chit chat, the other guys leave, so there is this rather long line and then there is me and this lady...and that's it. So she is on the phone, they are short on cars, I tell her I am a musician, I play the cello, I am buying a new car this weekend and taking it with me to make sure it fits...and she asks me if I have it with me right now. I thought that was an odd question, so I say no. She asks me, and you don't need to put it in a car anytime soon. I say no again.

AND THEN

she asks me if I would like a 350Z Nissan.

:)

I have only had one moment like this one before. It happens to involve a cello. I met YoYo Ma, and if you don't know who he is, google him right now. This guy is huge in the music business, and he performs on some rather expensive instruments. So he is chit chatting and I am the only one answering his questions and talking back,

AND THEN

he asks me if I would like to play his cello.

:)

I have played a 5.3 million dollar cello, and I have a 350Z parked in my garage as we speak.

I needed something happy to happen to me. Warren really offended me Monday night. Yes, he called, and we talked for quite a while, and really it wasn't all that bad of a conversation, but then he said something that was absolutely inappropriate and moreover was really inconsiderate of my feelings all together. No, what he said is not going to be posted on here. But trust me, it was not good.

My word, but I am over him. I never want to talk with him again. Jerk.

Yes, I called him a jerk!

Okay, back to happy thought. I have a car that could go 160 mph in my garage. I only took it to 90 on the way home, so don't worry. But it rumbles and stuff and That, my friends, is Cool.

Good night!

4 comments:

Thanaglim said...

That's awesome! Um...but how much is it going to cost you to rent it and for how long?

Elizabeth said...

Oh, same price as the cheap economy car I was going to get originally which they were having trouble locating. And I have it for 2 days, cause the airport has this thing where you have to rent a car for more than one day. That kinda sucks, but you know what? I don't care at the moment. I am driving a really nice car today and I am getting a new one this weekend. I am pretty okay with that. :)

Thanaglim said...

cool....

heidi said...

i saw yoyo ma in concert when i was in junior high. fantastic. i CANNOT believe you got to actually play his cello. he and itzhak perlman are the reason i play the violin. from sesame street of course!