Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nightmare after nightmare...

Geesh...you would think that I would have happy dreams coming home, but I sure am not...nightmare after nightmare. I haven't had this many nightmares in a row since I was a kid and was tormented by 3 witches in my dreams...

Not all of them are nightmares, but most of them are, or they turn into them. They are bad enough that I am not going to share them on here...

Wish I could find the off switch...ideas anyone?

Speaking of nightmares, I am pretty put off about this oil spill...I mean, are they all idiots over there? Did they think to hire a plumber, or someone who actually specializes in leaks?!? I was pretty forgiving for the first week, because it sounds like the equipment they were depending on malfunctioned, so it's not exactly BP's fault...but now I am peeved. The oil is hitting those beautiful Florida beaches, is killing off those beautiful pelicans that live down there, along with all the rest of the wildlife over there, and is now headed straight for the east coast and out into the Atlantic. Come on people! There are experts on this sort of thing. Get rid of the loopholes that are holding off the real fix and get it done! And then get anyone who has a boat out there, hire them, and clean up the freaking mess. It's their recreation and jobs that are on the line, and I am sure they would be willing to do whatever they need to to help.

They should've hired me. I would've gotten the job done quickly.

I have no idea what to do with pipes, but I know how to find someone who does. I mean, clog the freaking pipe! They are trying to put a cap on it...put some freaking cement down in there to clog it, put the cap on, get it so that you can filter the oil, and then get the cement out. It is not hard to break up cement, and it would be a temporary fix.

I can't drive a boat (although I know it isn't difficult), but I would be amazing at getting people who have shrimp boats, fishing boats, tour boats, personally owned boats fired up about the massive clean up job that HAS to be done...get the national guard and the coast guard down there and get moving!!

Yeah, I am a bit heated about this.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I hear you about the oil and the beaurocracy. It's stupid, they're all stupid.
About the nightmares...are you sleeping the same orientation as before? Head to the north or whichever direction it was. Apparently our bodies care. Who knew?