Sunday, June 6, 2010

Continuing with the Nightmare Theme...

...I am thinking about attending one of the local YSA units tomorrow.

But I feel as though I am between a rock and a hard place...I really don't want to go to a YSA unit. They were great...when I was younger. But I am 28. Attending a unit for the 18-30 year old crowd just doesn't thrill me like it used to. Well, maybe 'thrill' isn't exactly the right word for it...anyways. And seriously, I would love to not have to date anymore...the idea of starting over again, getting my hopes up just to get them dashed, finding someone who I am interested in who isn't in me, having the 'weird' one stand within my bubble, finding someone who I am interested in and who is interested in me but won't do anything about it, OR who does do something about it and turns out to be a player, OR who does do something about it, it goes great for a while, and then he totally flakes out on me...not exactly a positive outlook. Perhaps I am shooting myself in the foot for thinking that way, but I mean...that's been my life so far, so what other personal experience do I have to base it on?

On the other hand, it would be nice to meet someone close to my age that I could be friends with, even if it is just for the summer, that doesn't have a husband plus kids plus whatever that entails their time away. Yes, a summer romance would be lovely too, I am HUMAN, but I am really not looking for anything to tie me down here, so why even bother? I am planning on finally giving my music teaching career a jump start...just as soon as a job offer comes in. And it will not be in the Land of Enchantment.

I need to go see a doctor and get of shot of optimism...what do you think? 

Evidently one of the units in the area is an 'older' YSA ward...one that for whatever reason the age level gravitated more towards the 30...that would be lovely if it turns out to be true. I attended one for a few years in Arizona and LOVED it, just for the sake of the slightly higher level of maturity in the ward.

Anyways...pray for me. I will report, I promise.

2 comments:

Jane said...

That is a tough situation...are there bishops who might know where the 27-32 cool crowd hangs out?

Rocketgirl said...

Ug. My ward was a younger one when I lived in AZ and it was just uncomfortable. What did you end up doing??