Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday and Anniversary...

June is a busy month in this family. Emily's birthday was yesterday, my parent's anniversary is today, and then there is Father's Day on the 20th. Busy busy. I will talk about Father's day later on, but I will talk about my sister and my parents.


First of all, Emily. She is my baby sister. I refuse to really believe that she is 26 because I still see her as my little baby sister...even though she's married and has a career going for her and such, she is still my little baby sister. She inherited the organized gene and the keep it clean gene. I am still working on those talents...but to her, they came pretty much naturally. She loves me no matter what, she knows more about me than most people, she is an expert at pushing my buttons (which I am as well to her), but she knows exactly what I need to hear and isn't afraid to say it to me, which I really love and appreciate. She is incredibly talented...anything she draws looks like a professional's work (you can see her deviantart profile and some of her work HERE). She is very thoughtful about her gifts. She was my best friend growing up, and she still is one of my best friends. I love her so much. Happy Birthday, little sister. I am so glad I was able to be here for your birthday!



Now for my parents. I found a photo album with a bunch of their wedding pictures...it's fun to see what my parents looked like back then. It's easy for me to figure out how many years they have been married...I was born a little less than 10 months after they were married, so I just add 1 to my age. 29 years of marriage and still going strong.

I am so glad my parents have kept their covenants and stayed faithful to each other and the gospel. It's a great example to show Emily and I. I feel really lucky that they married in the temple and that I was born in the covenant. I am not sure what I did to deserve that, but I am glad that Heavenly Father sent me to a family where I would have the gospel in my life. They taught my sister and I the gospel, took us to Church every Sunday, taught me to love reading, and taught and encouraged me to continue with music. I couldn't have asked for more than that.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Jane said...

That's so sweet of you. It's nice to be home for the family celebrations.
And we too have a large number of activities in June. Something about September...

April Lauren said...

You really favor your mom!! :)