Monday, June 21, 2010

A few things...

I have discovered that the scanner on my printer is pretty dang good. Not perfect, but it does a very decent job. I have also recently discovered Walmart's photo print website...and I am loving it. I have been scanning pictures of Emily and I when we were kiddos, my parents when they got married, etc....and then I get onto Walmart.com, upload some pictures (for example, a bunch of pictures of my Dad and Emily and I), put them into a collage, hit 'shuffle' a couple of times until the pictures are all in spots that I like, pick a background color, and for $2.84 I have a personalized Father's Day gift. I just have to get a frame to go with it. I did the same for my parents anniversary of their wedding pictures, and again for Emily's birthday, except for her I only did a picture of her and I when we were little. Eventually I will scan in all of the pictures that we can find and put them onto a disk for Emily and I to keep. It's my way of doing genealogy at the moment. :)

On another note, I think I was inspired to visit the YSA ward that I am visiting. I went in the first place because I ran into a girl I know at the store and she put the thought in my head. I am glad she did, I should probably mention it to her at some point. Anyways, I won't be able to go on Sundays now because I just got a couple of callings in my family ward, but I will be able to attend activities during the week, which is great. I have already made a really good group of friends, and we are swapping numbers now and hopefully we will get to hang out while we are here for the summer. Most of us are summer dwellers in NM. In fact, pretty much all of them attend BYU and are doing internships (NOT bug or security or what-have-you sellers) here in NM. Anyways, it's nice.

Thursday we are doing a night hike. Pray for me. The elevation here is killing me...I went for a walk this morning...a walk, not a run, not the elliptical, not anything truly intense, and I was having a hard time breathing. In Alabama, I was averaging 650 ft above sea level...here in NM, I am at 5200 feet above sea level...that is a HUGE difference. No wonder girls camp in Alabama was so much more enjoyable...the hikes were NOTHING compared to what I had to do when I was a young woman here in NM...I am having to work really hard to suck O2 out of the air here. If I take an oxygen mask with me Thursday, I bet I would do much better...but then I would look like an idiot...so hopefully after doing a couple more 'intense' walks, I (I mean, my poor lungs) will be up for the night hike.

On yet another note, my wonderful bro-in-law gave me his projector! I mentioned to my sister a week or so ago that when they decide to upgrade their projector, that I want their old one...well guess what! They upgraded to a very large HDTV, and after Emily passed along the info to her hubby, I get a text from Ison asking if I wanted the projector. Hello! Yes, of course! So I have my own personal movie theater in my room right now. :) I LOVE IT!!! The only thing I don't like is that it runs really hot and so it's like have a space heater in the room. But other than that, it is awesome. It even has a speaker on it, and since the speakers on my laptop suck, it's even more awesome! :)

That's all folks...

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a gorgeous idea for presents! I am totally copying it, okay?
And totally jealous of your projector. I have always wanted one.