Sunday, May 2, 2010

Released...

I was officially released today as stake YW secretary...sad day...

I really really enjoyed this calling. Getting to know all the Young Women in the stake was a real treat...made me feel a little younger when I was with them. I earned the nickname 'Twizzler' from carrying around a bucket of Twizzlers at camp last year, making sure that everyone got one...and I mean EVERYONE...I would hunt down people and make sure that they each got the option of having one.

I hated camp as a young women, but going to camp last year was a real treat. Hanging out with the young women and all the leaders was just a lot of fun.

Sad, sad day...it was kinda sweet though...the stake president was visiting our ward today, and when he got up, he had me stand up and he said 'it is with great reluctance that we are releasing Sister Madsen'...good to know that I did something right.

This isn't an indication that I have a moving date...I don't. This is just a preemptive measure before I really do move...

I think I am still going to do all the Personal Progress stuff though...I want to get the new medallion, and I already started working on the new Personal Progress book...wouldn't it be funny if the Bishop of my singles ward in Arizona presented me with the Young Womanhood Recognition Award? :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hey! I am one of a few "mentors" in our ward for the Young Women so I get to earn a medallion too if I want it.
We should do it together.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds good to me!