Sunday, May 30, 2010

Made it...

Made good time today, even with stopping at the Big Texan (that tourist trap in Amarillo where they give you a 72 oz steak for free if you can eat it and the baked potato, salad and 3 giant shrimp in under 1 hour...a bunch of my friends have gone there as they were passing through, so I decided I needed to check it out...9 guys were all trying that 72 oz deal when I left...crazy people) for nearly 1 hour. It was nice to get a steak...I think I am low on iron, cause it tasted REALLY good and I wanted another one...

As soon as I got home, my sister calls me and asks if I would like to go to a friends wedding reception. He went to our ward and was in the cello section with me in high school, so of COURSE I wanted to go! :) It was kinda fun seeing everyone there.

I am living amongst boxes...got the car halfway unpacked...it's amazing how much easier unpacking my car is...but then again, I don't have 2 flights of stairs to walk up and down between my room and my car...nor do I have 99% humidity outside here in NM. Anyways, I am already getting things moved out (Dad's old computers) and am thinking about moving the room around a bit...I suppose I better get the rest of the stuff out of my car first...but that can wait til Monday.

SO excited about sleeping in MY bed...I hope I sleep better tonight than I did last night...I had some wacko dreams last night, and had the hardest time staying asleep...but I am writing off the extra ounce of sleeplessness to be due to the Dr. Peppers I drank (I had a LOT of caffeine in my system) and being in a strange room...

Anyways...night ya'll.

2 comments:

Rocketgirl said...

Yay!! So glad you made it okay! Also, so awesome that you got to run to a party as soon as you got there. I so love that :)

Jane said...

Yay for driving safe and avoiding any psychos on the road.