Friday, May 21, 2010

Moving

I am moving to Albuquerque, NM for a few months until I land a teaching position in the fall.

The move will be sometime next week. Not sure what day yet...

I would prefer to get a job in AZ, but anywhere within a hours drive of at least one family member would work...yes, I am even looking at Utah. Ugh.

No I have not graduated, but there is still a chance for that.

I have discovered that I already have the credentials to teach at a community college with all the graduate courses I have taken, and I really think that it is a MUCH better fit for me than teaching at a university anyways. At least, for right now it is.

Yes, I am extremely happy to finally be moving on with my life. More like relieved. It's been a long time coming.

Ta dah!

So...what book on tape should I get for the trip back? It will be a 2 day trip, and YES, I am a big girl and am driving solo. I will probably stop in Oklahoma City and then finish out the trip the next day.

3 comments:

April Lauren said...

How awesome!! Good luck with the job search!! And, I hope you have blast on your trip, take lots of pictures! :)

Nilla said...

Have a safe trip! So glad you are moving closer to family, as I know you have missed them terribly in T-town. Depending on your taste in books... I just finished reading UGLIES by Scott Westerfield. I liked it. I liked the message. It's a Young Adult novel, but I thought the message was appropriate for all ages.

Jane said...

Wow, check you out, moving across country AGAIN, alone. Brave-ness to the nth.
One more thing to add to the we're--the-same-person file; that's my reaction to Utah too.
Ugh.