Friday, May 14, 2010

Just Wright and Baseball


Went to see the Queen Latifah flick 'Just Wright'...totally predictable, but quite clean...rated PG and it was appropriate...and it was good, I liked it.

The best part about watching this movie was that my party were pretty much the only white people watching it...the comments that were being made about the movie were precious...

I was SUPPOSED to be at the Braves game tonight. But the people I was going with bailed due to the fact that there was a chance of rain. (not a drop came down from what I have read so far at the game). Now, if it was an 80% chance of rain during the entire game, and the radar was a big glob of green, yellow and red all over the Atlanta area, I wouldn't go cause it would be a rain delayed game. BUT there were two splotches of green that were in North Atlanta, not central where the ballpark is...and they showed up and then disappeared, like a normal thunderstorm in Arizona.

Yeah...AND they were playing the Diamondbacks.

Not. Happy.

Braves won, and evidently it was a good game, except the D-Backs bullpen wasn't up to par...they are having serious troubles...I am a D-backs fan, followed closely by Red Sox, Braves and Kansas City...I support ANY team playing the Yankees...

Anyways...I need some men in my life. Ones that will sit through the rain to watch a baseball game. Any takers?

I am a bit miffed, but the people that I were going to go with brought a peace offering at the movie...they snuck in ice cream. :) They got me chocolate. So I can't be too mad at them.

Tomorrow going to see Letters to Juliet and maybe Robin Hood...I know, a double-header...:) I am a bit of a movie junkie, what can I say? :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

I really like Queen Latifah - and if her personal life is a shambles don't tell me - there seems to be a semblance of reality in all the characters she plays. Down to earth, practical, realistic.
Even in Chicago.

April Lauren said...

Haha, I had to make myself leave the theater... so I have not seen Just Wright yet, but I am sooo excited about it! I have plans to see it Wednesday!