Monday, May 3, 2010

Temple Work

Saturday I went to the temple to do the baptism and confirmation for Maritza, my Uncle Tom's wife, who died about 10 years ago I believe. It was really a special experience.

It's a unique thing for me to do temple work for family members...I have generation upon generation of family members on both sides in the church, and many of those did their genealogy and got the temple work done for them already. So to have someone in the family that close to me...who I knew!...it was a neat experience.

When I walked into the office to retrieve the card, I didn't realize that I had a huge smile on my face...the ladies all commented on it, and so I had to explain who she was...I really felt quite happy and peaceful, and I really believe she accepted the baptism and that she was finally able to see our family who have already passed on once again. What a happy reunion!! :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a lovely experience to share.