Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Non-Injury Report

I fell...

And I DIDN'T hurt myself!!!

(those of you who are new readers, this is an amazing feat, considering I am about the most accident prone klutz on the planet!)

It was raining, I came into a building with tile floor...wearing flats...

Slip:

(the following is what was running through my mind as time comes to a near standstill as I am falling)

"No!!! $$$$$$$$$$ I can't afford this! I can't break something now! I don't have money, I don't have insurance...sure I have the Aflac, but that won't cover everything!!! Oh, please, oh please!!! (VERY fast prayer to Heavenly Father) K, maybe I can land where it will just be a sprained ankle...no, I have to climb a gazillion stairs everyday, NO INJURY!!! Who am I kidding, I will probably have to have another knee surgery after this...DANG IT!!!"

I land looking like this:


Except without the right leg up...but it felt just like this looks...awkward!!! No one else was in the hall, so I slowly brought both legs in front, wiggled about waiting for the sharp pain indicating something broken...and it didn't come! Instantly I thought CRAP! It's worse!!! I can't feel anything!!!

K, not that bad, but I did freak out, cause in the past the pain of a dislocated knee didn't come until about a minute afterwards...

NO dislocation, no sprain, nothing! I got up and WALKED all by me-self. :)

My left ankle is VERY stretched out, and the left knee has a nice bruise and a bit of swelling, but nothing else...

I am writing my orthopedic surgeon and informing him that he did his job right...I fell, and in any normal circumstantial fall like this, Elizabeth would have a dislocated knee. But it stayed in place!!!

I think my muscles are in really good shape right now too because of all the 'Thriller' I have been doing... ;)

3 comments:

Jane said...

Yay! That is excellent news. Well, not excellent since you still hurt, but much better than it could have been. So glad nothing serious happened.
P.S. It's raining here too.

Janel said...

You are so funny!

Janel said...

OK what the heck I am SO sorry...I just got your message! Its late but I will have Mark call you tomorrow! UG sorry I'm such a slacker!