Monday, January 18, 2010

Survived and New...

I ended up doing a platelet donation...which takes 1 1/2 hours and involves being stuck in both arms (left arm vein was playing hide and go seek so she had to wiggle it and poke and then gave up and had another lady 'catch' the vein), with blood going out one and in through the other...they spin it in a machine, and the platelets separate from the blood...they have a really bad shortage right now, so I figured why not. Watched Hitch while I was hooked up. And now I get to go to Disneyland for free! Woot!

*************************************************************************

Updated the layout so it wasn't Christmassy...this may last til next Christmas...but we shall see.

Added a playlist...I have toyed around with the idea of making one, and I finally did. Sorry if it's annoying to you, just hit pause...these are all songs that I like and listen to fairly regularly cause I like them so much...it's kind of an odd mix, but hey, that defines me perfectly.

Some of them aren't my favorite version of the song/piece, but I only have so many choices on playlist...like the Gregorian Chant, I don't think I have ever listened to that one, but I love listening to it...didn't before my Medieval music history course, but after learning how to read and sing it, I LOVE it...and the Tchaikovsky...definitely not my favorite recording, nor the movement I would've posted, but I love those 4th and 5th symphonies...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Two things:
1. You are amazing. First giving platelets and then giving under those conditions. I have cried before giving blood when they can't fiind the vein and have to wiggle the needle around in there.
2. Love the playlist and I love that you have an eclectic selection. All the songs I have heard so far are awesome.