Thursday, September 10, 2009

Splitting up...

Hair cut and color tomorrow at 11:00am sharp. My hair is SOOO long...longer than it's been since my senior year of high school when I first got a bob...anyways, it is far overdue for a cut. Just a trim.

I have a plan for my hair: get my hair luxuriously long for the winter so that if I cannot afford a lovely looking scarf the neck will be taken care of...

...and then in the Spring, chop it all of and go back to a bob. Or something short...I think...

I keep telling myself that I should just keep it short, but there is SOOOO much upkeep. Having it long has one very nice advantage: I can go more than 3-4 weeks without a trim. Short hair, not a CHANCE...

I do have to admit something though...I have been keeping my hair longer for a very specific purpose. The reason being...and this is absolutely ridiculous because a) there is no one and b) there won't be a 'one' for a while...my hair grows so stinking slow...and I want it on the long side just in case I meet a 'one'...cause dang it, on my wedding day I want long, curly, flowy, fabulous, incredible, beautiful hair!!! Not a teeny tiny short bob. That is good for other people, but as for me and my hair, I wants it long long long.

ANYways...I am not getting bangs. I will regret it the moment they are cut. When I have short hair, then I will do bangs.

I asked my coworkers if I should go darker with my hair...if I could pull it off...I never got a straight answer...when I mentioned red, they all turned on me. However much I hate it, I know that I couldn't do it...so, blonde it stays...

I will probably do my usual high-lights and low-lights...although, Halloween is coming up...I have always wanted black for just a day...:) My inner goth side...jk...abot the goth, not the black.

Good-bye split ends!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I think it's great to always be thinking about your wedding day and what you want. You never know when it's going to happen. I had no clue just 6 months before the actual wedding. You will meet a guy smart enough to snap you up soon enough! You know, I haven't seen you in a while, but I think you could totally pull off a strawberry blonde maybe?

Ashley said...

The only thing about long hair in the winter is the static. And I think you should try and go dark (just not black). I think it'd look good, especially with your blue eyes.

Jane said...

I hope it comes out exactly like you want. Or better than that. The first time I got my hair "done" I didn't even know what I wanted and the stylist did a good job showing me what was good and what was not with my face.